Picking a Docementary Subject - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Techniques for Independent Production
The challenges of creating Digital Cinema and other narrative forms.

Old May 28th, 2005, 02:52 AM   #16
Trustee

Many of the best documentaries dont turn out to be what they were originally scripted or intended. If you go more the Pennebaker style with no interviews or a pre-determined story, you can end up with something amazing (or boring =o) Capturing the Friedmans started as a doc about Birthday Clowns... Startup.com was supposed to be a doc about people getting rich thru the internet.

I am just completing a doc that started as a "making of" or behind the scenes for an album. What I got was a much bigger story that represented everything that is wrong with modern media... still specific to my subjects but an eye-opening example to Joe Public and an all too familiar scenario to those in the music industry. Just threw up a site, the trailer is just raw untreated footage. The final product is much better. www.strongenoughtobreak.com

ash =o)
Ash Greyson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production