Some advice when raising money for movies, etc. - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Techniques for Independent Production
The challenges of creating Digital Cinema and other narrative forms.

Old November 11th, 2009, 09:05 PM   #46
Tourist

More is Less

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Fairhurst View Post

The author also makes a point that sometimes another million bucks actually reduces risk - if you can hire a name actor with that cash, and/or up your production values, your likelyhood of making your money back (and then some) increases. The risk goes down, even though the investment/exposure goes up. That's the sweet spot."
Yes, I was given the same information from a Hollywood producer. I am packaging a production in Taiwan that originally had a budget of less than 10 M. Which I had considered was a monstrous budget compared to the 2 M budget films we usually make here. When I handed over a detailed copy of my budget for evaluation (75 pages long) I thought he would say ' This is way too much'. Instead he said - "Your budget is too low .... nowdays 20 M is considered low budget. More is Less for investors." Good God I thought. But there you go.
Chen Ming-Yu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2010, 06:10 PM   #47
New Boot

This has been a really useful thread, thanks for this.
Steve Childs is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production