Stumped on what to call this technique - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Techniques for Independent Production
The challenges of creating Digital Cinema and other narrative forms.

Old September 12th, 2010, 04:05 AM   #16
Wrangler

There's nothing that dictates that a Time Slice style effect has to be a single moment frozen in time--depending on how the triggers are designed, it can easily replicate a super-high speed moment like this by staggering incrementally rather than tripping all at once. Or you could dolly in a straight line while the action goes forwards, then backwards again.

However I think the subject matter and shooting style of the program this is promoting indicates that they already had the high speed cameras and there are more obvious shots using these cameras elsewhere in the video.
Old September 12th, 2010, 02:38 PM   #17
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrone Ford View Post
Dylan, have you seen the faux timeslice rig used on Crank 2? Essentially it looked like a piece of curved PVC pipe with handycams on it at even intervals. Basically, you just started each camera rolling, picked up the unit, and walked it around the subject. Or in the case of this commercial, just lay it on the ground around the subject.

The unit is pre-built, and can be deployed in about 10-15 seconds from cameras off to cameras rolling and ready. I've never seen anyone get dolly track laid that fast...
No but I'd love to. Where did you see it?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production