"film like" slow mo - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Techniques for Independent Production
The challenges of creating Digital Cinema and other narrative forms.

Old October 27th, 2005, 08:03 AM   #16
Major Player

Thanks Ben,

The demo clips look very smooth. I need to do one slow mo scene in my next project and this may be the ticket. The price is right too.
Reid Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2005, 02:29 AM   #17
Major Player

So how does this program compare to twixtor and retimer? The price is phenomenal if it can do the same as those programs!
Steven Fokkinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2005, 06:02 AM   #18
New Boot

I just now tried the trial version of Motion perfect with 2 clips.
One interlaced clip and one progressive. For whatsoever reason the Progressive clip looks better than interlaced.

Its...
# awesome
# smooth
# affordable.

Thanks a bunch Ben.

Also, can anyone please eloborate the procedures to be followed while shooting a stunningly detailed slow-motion sequence in DV and what settings should I have in my Camera. Mine is a DVX - 102A (PAL). Thanks in advance.

Vigna Raajan.
Vigna Raajan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2005, 06:37 AM   #19
Regular Crew

Is that the same program as Motion perfect by Dynapel?

David
David Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2005, 11:41 AM   #20
Major Player

Thanks for posting, Ben W.

Yes, Gooder is just one of the many reseller sites for Dynapel's products.

You should have seen the old clips on Dynapel's site before they redid it (it was better before). I have them cached locally and will host them on FTP so you guys can see.

Edit: Looks like Gooder has a local version of the page from Dynapel's old site, here:

http://www.goodervideo.com/videos/MpVideos.html

Check out the race car vid if it works. Amazing. Let me know if it doesn't work, and I will host it.

The software is so cheap, like 17 euros.
Bill Porter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2005, 07:48 PM   #21
Regular Crew

The program looks like it uses a really nifty morph effect between the frames. I remember seeing something similiar using winmorph to recreate bullettime.
James Llewellyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2005, 01:49 PM   #22
New Boot

Downloading the trial right now. Looking forward to seeing how this works!
Old November 22nd, 2005, 09:17 PM   #23
Inner Circle

Shots like that are EASY.

I use Boris Continuum Complete Optical Flow Filter. It's not hard for the filter when it's a single moving object with a solid background.

Try several moving objects that cross paths against a complex background. Settings for Optical Flow get REAL TRICKY then.

The shot he posted looks fine at default settings except for the speed itself.
Craig Seeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2005, 10:39 PM   #24
Regular Crew

Hello

What good plug-ins are available for vegas or stand alone that can give very slow motion? like this below

http://www.realviz.com/gallery/spec....=5&&product=rt

Thanks
Jim Rog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2005, 08:29 AM   #25
Major Player

Jim, MotionPerfect by Dynapel seems pretty awesome. Download the trial and see for yourself.
Old November 26th, 2005, 04:45 PM   #26
Regular Crew

Hi

i looked at it but can’t get no real time preview can you?
Jim Rog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2005, 07:13 PM   #27
Major Player

http://www.goodervideo.com/products/MP.html

Try this reseller of it; they still are showing the old MotionPerfect clips from Dynapel's old site. I still don't know why Dynapel took them down; they are great examples. This one is 20:1 speed reduction:

http://www.shadowlabs.com/WebVideos/...n.20x.Race.avi
Old December 5th, 2005, 12:01 PM   #28
New Boot

I had tried out this software but it did not work for me and there isn't any contact info for the developer. What I am looking for is very similar to what is being displayed in the video of the "Rugby" team, it is the last option on this page:

http://www.goodervideo.com/videos/index.html

When I opened up the video of the rugby team, I believe it was using "quicktime" player so I tried out quicktime player but this did not do the trick so I am guessing that it was the combination of both the Gooder slomo software and quicktime that was producing those results but becuase I cannot contact the developer this is still a "guess".

Anyway, my son plays sports and I wanted to have this exact type of slomo control when veiwing his games which I record with a Canon digicam. I do not have much money to spend on expensive software so I am stuck. If anyone here can take a look at the link provided and download and try out the Rubgy video clip, just move the "play" slider as quick or as slow as you may want to to the left or right and you will see that you can control the slomo in the same way that the NFL or NBA does, this is simply what I am looking for. I wish to control my son's game film in "smooth" slomo by dragging the slider at whatever speed I wish.

Can anyone shed any light on that Gooder video or recommend any other software that does it like this please? Thanks.
Mike Henderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2005, 12:40 PM   #29
Trustee

That means controlling the derivative of velocity: acceleration. Sorry to get all "mathy" on you but that's what first jumped into my mind, controlling the slope of the tangent to the graph of how fast the clip would play. I don't think MotionPerfect does that at all; you would want to use the Time graph settings in FCP or something similar to that. Look for some kind of "acceleration" control for video clips, maybe that's what you're looking for. Otherwise, look for an NLE-integratable plugin like MotionPerfect that has keyframmable controls.
Old December 5th, 2005, 12:44 PM   #30
New Boot

well Ben, I really don't fully understand what you wrote but I will do some searching and look into what you've told me, if I could contact whoever did that particular Rugby video slomo, I would have all my answers, appreciate the help Ben, will report back here if I find anyhting, thanks.
Mike Henderson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production