Just held auditions! Thanks to DVInfo! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production

Techniques for Independent Production
The challenges of creating Digital Cinema and other narrative forms.

Old September 28th, 2005, 10:43 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Just held auditions! Thanks to DVInfo!

Hey all,

I posted the "Pre-Production for a first time director" thread a few weeks back. I just wanted to let everyone know that I held my first ever auditions last Saturday. Thanks to all the great info I got from this board I think the auditions went over very well. I have nothing to compare to but I think we did OK.

I rented space in NYC for $10/hour. I had a friend in the lobby getting the actors comfortable. I had a simple questionaire and extra copies of the sides. We always asked the actors if they were ready, needed more time, etc. These were all tips that I learned from threads here.

We saw about 20 actors for 6 parts over 4 hours. I had 6 no-shows. Everyone was very good except for one or two with no experience. It was amazing to see how "real" actors can change their performance when just given one or two words of direction.

We can definetly cast the movie with the people who came to audition. We actually have some tough choices to make. Hopefully our first pics will be interested and available.

Now off to storyboard and find a DP!

Thanks again everyone.

Best,
Brian.
Brian Andrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2005, 07:11 AM   #2
Major Player

Congrats on the auditions!

That's a great step.

And way to score cheap space. I'm lucky enough that the local library has a free meeting room that's usually available, but $10/hr is a find.
Reid Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2005, 07:48 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Glad it went okay, Brian!
Good luck with the rest!
Mathieu Ghekiere is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production