Computer generation and animation at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Techniques for Independent Production
The challenges of creating Digital Cinema and other narrative forms.

Old July 11th, 2018, 07:19 AM   #1
Inner Circle

Computer generation and animation

I've been trying to get to grips with some 3D creation and animation, and I created an image, then thought I'd have a go with animating it in 3D space. Clicking on render with as interesting - each frame is rendered, then has lighting applied and then you use keyframes to set the next camera location and orientation, and then repeat. 6 days 24/7 later, I got this. The best thing though - is the software is free. Mandelbulb 3D, and it's worth persevering with it. Plenty of on-line resources and examples to get you going. It's pretty amazing - but mega, mega complex. One tiny parameter change and the image falls apart.
Paul R Johnson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production