Is co-directing a feature film a bad idea, as oppose to being a single director on it - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Techniques for Independent Production
The challenges of creating Digital Cinema and other narrative forms.

Old September 15th, 2019, 12:09 PM   #16
also known as Ryan Wray

Re: Is co-directing a feature film a bad idea, as oppose to being a single director o

Yeah that's true, maybe I don't. It's just I don't what else I want to be in life, and people keep telling me to do the job I want, rather than trying to find something else I might not like for the rest of my life, so not sure what else to strive for.
Ryan Elder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2019, 12:27 PM   #17
Slash Rules!

Re: Is co-directing a feature film a bad idea, as oppose to being a single director o

That is a completely, totally awful kind of angst that many people wrestle with. You might have to come to terms with having a “real job” and doing this stuff as a very exhausting hobby. Many people do. The lady at the insurance company loves acting, knows she’ll likely never make it, does community theater and small films to keep her soul from atrophying, never counting on it actually paying off. It’s depressing, it sucks, is also often just the way it is.

By all means keep doing projects, make your feature at some point, just know that it may forever be a hobby. it might just have to be “fun” and not a job or replacement for your primary income.
Josh Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2019, 12:31 PM   #18
also known as Ryan Wray

Okay thanks, I still want to aim for distribution of a feature though, rather than not aim at all though, and that was the plan with this one, I am doing development and budget on.
Ryan Elder is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production