How do you manage callbacks? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Techniques for Independent Production
The challenges of creating Digital Cinema and other narrative forms.

Old February 27th, 2006, 04:31 PM   #1
Trustee

How do you manage callbacks?

Let's say you have auditioned a bunch of actors, and you are not sure which one you want for some of the roles. How do you proceed?
Emre Safak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2006, 04:33 PM   #2
Major Player

call the ones you're interested in and ask them to do another round of auditioning. you're taping the audtitions right?
Old February 27th, 2006, 04:58 PM   #3
Trustee

Yes, I have them taped. The question is what to do when you have several candidates for each role...isn't the idea to have them act together, to create an ensemble?
Emre Safak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2006, 05:09 PM   #4
Major Player

do you mean you've got all the roles chosen or that you have several possibilities for each role.. If you have chosen everyone for the roles sit down and do a read through of the script with everyone present.. get some feedback from the actors of what they think of their part.. if they're good actors they might be able to throw in a few suggestionsfor the character.

if its the other case that you have several for the same role i dont think id have them interact together unless you were consiering them for different roles... (or you could have them compete survivor style against each otehr for the role.. video tape it all and call it a day.. or a new reality show for fox)
Old February 28th, 2006, 02:27 PM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emre Safak
you are not sure which one you want for some of the roles.
If it is the case that you have a number of diffirent actors that you like for the same roles, and provided they are all equally good actors (if not go with the best actor), I would choose the ones that I thought would be the easiest to work with. I personally don't like drama queens!...you want someone who doesn't mind getting dirty.

Andy.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production