Filming Techniques (Sport) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production

Techniques for Independent Production
The challenges of creating Digital Cinema and other narrative forms.

Old May 15th, 2006, 12:17 AM   #1
New Boot

Filming Techniques (Sport)

Hi,
I'm going to be involved in a production sometime in the near future that deals with the sport of Field Hockey, something I haven't been able to find any film with it in. THe entire thing is a indie project being shot on MiniDV
I'm trying to come up with cost effective ways to shoot games.

One suggestion is to have a miniDV cam mounted on a players shoulder, so we get the 'just above the shoulder' angle, and im currently trying to find the best way to mount a miniDV safely on the shoulder of an individual who would have to run with it (and not shake it too much).

I was of course, wondering what the best way to shoot other sequences (like having the camera follow a player running with the ball) is, without actually having a budget big enough to buy/rent equiptment and any 'indie' suggestions on how to shoot sport
Jack Matthews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2006, 04:05 PM   #2
Trustee

I covered a brief corporate football season at a large company last year. They actually allowed me on the field, as long as I didn't interfere with the plays or the players. It was nice, I even got right into the huddles and picked up on dialog and plays. I got some really good shots as opposed to only being in endzones and sidelines. They were quite happy.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production