Questions about presskit at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Techniques for Independent Production
The challenges of creating Digital Cinema and other narrative forms.

Old February 9th, 2007, 06:22 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Questions about presskit

On Withoutabox.com they mention the requirement of an online press-kit. I read over the basic gist of it. The problem is that I don't think I could include resumes of my "actors", because they are all grade 12 Dramatic arts students and they don't exactly have acting resumes. Is this absolutely essential?
Nick Rothwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2007, 06:48 PM   #2
Inner Circle

You just gave their resumes.

It's about marketing.

"The young actors in this film are all students of the XYZ Academy and are members of their after-school acting and filmmaking club. They range in age from 16 to 18, and have performed in various school plays. This is their first film production" John Smith, Susan Jones, Rachel Brown, Mark Hall... etc. etc.
Richard Alvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2007, 06:56 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Ah, So I can type them all up onto one page and explain that they've been in school productions and want to move on to performing arts and acting as careers?

Thanks Richard!
Nick Rothwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2007, 08:25 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Nick,

You can do whatever you like. It's a contest. Theyl'll like what you do, or they won't. Yes, there are 'standard' packages, or boilerplate approaches, but you'll have to adapt, improvise and overcome if you can't meet those standards.

So yeah, tout the skills of the group at large, then list their names ages and role.

That's what I'd do.
Richard Alvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2007, 09:50 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Add interesting details. What do they like on their pizza? What did they name their pets? What's the meanest thing they did to their kid brothers?

Those details would make for an interesting newspaper article. And that's the whole point. Give interesting details that journalists can use to write compelling articles.

Also, don't forget the local angle. Use that for articles in the local town, college and high school papers.
Old February 9th, 2007, 10:18 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Great, I'm gonna have fun with this! LOL
Nick Rothwell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production