That 24p camera setting - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Techniques for Independent Production
The challenges of creating Digital Cinema and other narrative forms.

Old March 27th, 2007, 09:12 PM   #16
Regular Crew

60i 30p and 24p are all stored the same way on the tape. "i" means half frame, so when you shoot at 60i you are shooting 60 half frames with equals 30 full frames. Its more complex then that but thats the just of it. To edit 60i use a 30p sequence and just export with "lower field first".

And you shouldn't double post a question, try to keep it in one area.

If anyone is intrested Stephen also asked this question here.

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=90090

If you want help on this subject you should ask there.
Alan James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2007, 09:16 PM   #17
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen A. Dolphin View Post
Do you have any problems capturing 60i footage with PP2.0? I shot some footage in Maryland last week and in Adobe PP I don't see a preset for 60i footage, I see presets for 24p and 30p, but none for 60i. What is the work around for this?
Maryland doesn't allow 60i capture of footage. They put a ban on that a few months ago. I have a special license, you have to go through the right channels. Go to your nearest sheriff's office, ask for the AE05F form on 60i Capture. They'll help you out.
Old March 27th, 2007, 10:18 PM   #18
Trustee

I can't wait till I can start shooting 24p so I can sell my lighting gear and filters. I'm also getting so tired of doing color correction and choosing the best camera angles that 24p will make so much easier.
Marcus Marchesseault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2007, 12:47 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Wow! I didn't know that 24p will even pour you a glass of scotch!
Frank Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2007, 08:50 PM   #20
New Boot

60i

I use the Sony 60i setting and it works great. It was the only thing I could find and it seems its the same as Canon.

Wynn Bradford
Wynn Bradford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2007, 07:29 PM   #21
Major Player

Was that shot with the FX1?
Terry Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2007, 02:03 PM   #22
Trustee

Yes. First part is native 60i and the second is 60i converted to 24p with DvFilm maker.
Old June 30th, 2007, 12:07 AM   #23
Trustee

OMG! You are still using a camera that doesn't have native 24P? No wonder all your stuff looks like crap. If anyone disagrees with me that Ben's lack of native 24P isn't a problem, go to his site and download some of his work. I think it's been well established amongst those aspiring to be the next Quentin Tarentino that 24p is THE difference between the Film Look and crappy home video.

Maybe we should start a pool to help get Ben a DVX100?
Marcus Marchesseault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2007, 06:13 PM   #24
Trustee

Haha, thanks Marcus. Any chance we can change that pool to one for an HVX? Cause, you know, now that it's out, HD is THE difference between Film Look and crappy home video :)
Old June 30th, 2007, 09:36 PM   #25
Trustee

Nope. Sorry. 24P is all that matters. It's pretty much decided that you need to focus all movie-making efforts on 24P for the look and the screenplay should be a bunch of people standing around wearing sunglasses and posturing menacingly before they all shoot each other. If you can achieve 24P and lots of gunplay with no defined purpose other than to show all your characters lying on the floor covered in blood; you are a true independent filmmaker. Don't forget to budget for a film transfer.
Marcus Marchesseault is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production