Hello, Rainy Wales at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old September 4th, 2007, 07:37 AM   #1
Major Player

Hello, Rainy Wales

Hi,

My name's Dave Robinson and I'm from North Wales in the UK.

Thigs I can do : Computer Programming (C#/PHP/*Nix/SQL/Flash) I'm learning how to use AE and Premiere. I also use Sound forge, Digital Performer & Cubase SX with my MIDI suite.

Not really much to tell about myself except from the fact I'm very new to video however, I've had a small audio recording studio for some time and do a lot of composing. So if you need a soundtrack gimme a tinkle.

I've got ideas well above my station already, which is always fun with zero budget.

Either way, I think I'm a friendly approachable person so if anyone feels like getting in touch feel free.

Dave
Dave Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2007, 06:48 PM   #2
Major Player

do you have any samples of your work online?

Welcome to DV forum, btw. I'm sure we can always use more composers in our midst. :)
Lori Starfelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2007, 12:11 PM   #3
Major Player

Welcome. I'm another programmer, learning the video arts. I've been using C/C++ for years. Now all my work is with C# with lots of MS SQL and Oracle.

I got my first prosumer camera (Sony HVR-A1U) last November. I'm starting to get the hang of it.

My family immigrated to America in 1635 from Wales, so I consider myself part Welsh. There's plenty to learn from the forum. Hope you enjoy it.
Old September 10th, 2007, 04:18 PM   #4
Major Player

Hi Dave,

I'm living in Cardiff at the moment but used to live in Ellesmere Port near Chester. I used to cover North Wales as a service engineer so know the area very well!
David Dwyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2007, 09:30 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Greetings Dave,
I visted Wales last November when my Girlfriend was studying in Manchester. We took a brief holiday to Wales, Llangollen specifically. It was absolutely incredible there. I'd move there in a heartbeat.
Welcome!
Cheers,
Nate Benson
Nate Benson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood