Hello from Hollywood, Florida, that is at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old November 21st, 2007, 02:03 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Hello from Hollywood, Florida, that is

Hey There,
Just thought I would introduce myself after lurking around here the past few months. In March of this past year I left the comfort of my production staff job I had held for the past 17 years. I had gone to this company which was mainly post with a small production department, straight out of television production school at a local votech, so aside from shooting some weddings for a small company while in school, it was the only place in the industry I had ever worked. The good thing about working in a small department is you get to do a lot of different things over the years; the bad is that when there are no shoots you have to do a lot of things unrelated to production which are more like construction or babysitting the studio which will in fact suck the joy of life right out of you. So, in the past 9 months of freelancing I've been enjoying myself immensely working on a variety of different projects as production engineer/shader, running camera, doing audio, jib, tape op. grip and lighting and lately a little video assist on some high end Ford commercials. The best part about freelance, apart from all the time off, is showing up to a shoot in a great mood and only having to worry about my one job for that day as opposed to all aspects of a shoot.
I've been getting a lot of good information at this site and following the news of the new Sony EX1, the Red camera and other sections with great interest. I plan to invest in some gear before years end to enhance my employability and I look forward to getting to know some of you as I ask for the benefit of your experience.

Thanks

Mark
Mark Bolding is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood