Hey, from Laguna Beach So Cali at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old December 26th, 2007, 11:31 PM   #1
New Boot

Hi from Laguna Beach So Cali

I have been reading this forum for a while. Much thanks for all the info that is here.

I am 3rd generation Southern Californian and a photography hobbiest all my life. I had an plastic brownie camera that I got for $1 postage from a form on the backside of an Oreo wrapper when I was 5. When I got slightly older I got a Super 8mm film camera. I have been through several cameras since those times and currenty had an HV20 and today purchased a Canon XH-A1.

Everything was mostly hobby (friends weddings and events...) until I was sitting in a bar four years ago and exaggerated about my profession to a fellow patron and have been doing commercial video production on the side, ever since. I was an Avid editor (PC) and have switched to Mac and FCP.

I would like to do more Video event/ wedding business.
I work as a full time Teacher/ Technology Coordinator.

I very much appreciate all your insight and hope I can provide some as well.
Thanks to those who have made this possible.

Last edited by C.J. Daniel; December 27th, 2007 at 10:57 AM.
C.J. Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2008, 08:25 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Aloha from Laguna expatriot

Hello Chris, my name is Erik Nudd and I grew up in Laguna (class of '83) and saw you were from there. RIGHT ON! Currently living on the island of Kauai and as beautiful as it is here, it's cool to see connections to home. Anyway, I may not have as much experience at this stuff as you, but I'm working on it. Sounds like you're doing well in your biz and hope it continues to get better. Again, good to see someone on the forum from a very familiar place. I was actually looking around the "neighborhood" to try and find someone out here with similar set-up as myself (Canon XH-A1) when I saw your post. Say hi to the town for me! Mahalo!
Erik Nudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2008, 02:24 AM   #3
New Boot

Hey Erik,
cool Kauai!! like that island alot... I have been about 4 times and am going for 10 days in June... Thanks for saying hi and Mahalo!
C.J. Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2008, 08:52 AM   #4
New Boot

Cal and Hawaii

Hi Chris and Erik,
Like chris I'm is SoCal Laguna Niguel right now. I'm from Hawaii came here 4 year ago...spent half my summer on Kauai (dad's side), and half on Maui (mom side). Nice to see you both.
Greg Rutkowski is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood