Greetings from a newbie in Pasadena at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old January 8th, 2008, 06:18 PM   #1
Tourist

Greetings from a newbie in Pasadena

Greetings Everyone,

I literally just received my Canon HG10 today from the UPS guy and am charging it as I write.

I bought the camcorder after reading through all the comments on this and other boards (was considering a HV20). The purpose of the camcorder is to capture the arrival and life of my first child who is due in the next week or so. I hope to get good enough with the camcorder to leave her some nice videos to remember.

As the title suggests, I'm completely new to the world of video but have enjoyed digital photography for a number of years. I hope to learn quite a bit from all the accumulated knowledge on this forum and ask for your patience as I plan on asking a number of newbie questions.

If there are any folks in the Pasadena/LA area, feel free to drop me a line.
Peter Hui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2008, 06:09 PM   #2
Regular Crew

congrats on becoming a dad :)
Old January 18th, 2008, 01:17 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Congratulations!

Peter,

Congratulations.....I hope your little one may have already safely arrived by now.....

A great resource right there in Pasadena for assistance/accessories/demos for your new camera is Samy's. See Carlos or Jim...they're great, even if you purchased it elsewhere....

You'll find this DVi network is the best, but when you need to get out of the house for a bit to "get some rest"....then you have a local option.

Best Wishes From A "veteran" daddy,

John Reilly
John Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2008, 12:13 AM   #4
New Boot

Hey Peter

Glade to hear the good new...just a little south of you. Maybe I see you around.
Greg Rutkowski is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood