Aloha from Hawaii at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old April 9th, 2008, 12:58 AM   #1
Tourist

Aloha from Hawaii

I checked back 10 pages on this thread an NO one else from Hawai'i? Well, then, Aloha from Hawai'i!

At the moment, I am putting most of my efforts into documentary filmmaking. I will be going to India this summer to make a documentary in Dharamsala on Tibetans and Tibetan-related issues.

Looking forward to a lot of great discussions on this forum.
Celestine Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2008, 05:49 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Aloha from Hawaii Kai and welcome, Celestine! There are actually several forum members here in Hawai'i, as well as a number of ex-pats scattered around the globe. You just didn't scroll back far enough.

I'm primarily an IT consultant. Video is essentially a hobby for me at this point, but I have occasional dreams of trying to make money with it. Your forthcoming trip to India sounds very interesting. Oh, and as you've probably figured out already, I'm NOT "the coach" from KSSK. We're not related as far as I can tell (though he does resemble my late grandfather). We just happen to have the same name.

Again, welcome to the forum!
Larry Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2008, 12:04 PM   #3
Tourist

Also from Hawaii

Aloha. I'm a lurker from Kula, Maui. I have just finished a documentary on a trip to Tibetan cultural area in a remote part of Nepal on the Tibetan border. We're going to enter it into the Maui Film Festival and perhaps the Hawaii and Honolulu Film festivals.

Mitch
Mitchell Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2008, 02:15 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Aloha from Honolulu

Count me as more of a hobby video guy (I have seen some of my footage used on local news recently; however). My day job is as a transit engineer. I've shot quite a lot of still photos in the south of India, but never a video trip.

Anybody shooting on the Big Island, I'd really like to see some good footage of the current eruptions.
Lawrence Spurgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2008, 01:17 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Aloha Celestine-

Kauai resident here. I see more have shown up since your first post. You are certainly not alone. Sounds like a very exciting adventure you are about to take. Hope it goes well and please post once you have finshed your documentary!

ALOHA!
Erik Nudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2008, 11:00 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Aloha

Hey guys! Great to see guys from Hawaii representing!

I've been doing video for almost 9 years now. I just came from being the senior video editor at New Hope Christian Fellowship O'ahu with Pastor Wayne and Tim Savage. I now co-own a new company, Studio Red Creative Media Group here in Hawaii. Hope to continue to learn and be inspired here in this forum!

Can't wait to see your finished documentary Celestine!
Joel Campos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2008, 06:21 AM   #7
Tourist

Photo workshop - Thanksgiving 2008?

Aloha!

We're traveling to HI over Thanksgiving, and are very interested in contacting a reputable local for some photo training/workshop/ etc

Any suggestions?

Thank you much!

Chris
Chris Stratton is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood