Greetings from Winthrop, Massachusetts/ by the sea at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old July 13th, 2003, 11:43 AM   #1
New Boot

Greetings from Winthrop, Massachusetts/ by the sea

Hello all, as the subject says I hail from Winthrop, Mass. Always looking to meet fellow DV professionals (or people who love the art) from the area or anywhere for that matter. I run FCP 3 on a daul 1.25 G4 & shoot with an XL1.
I manage two editing suiets on the North Shore & run a small home biz with a very modest client base. Well, those are my stats. Looking forward to hearing from anyone and talking DV.
Old July 14th, 2003, 05:19 AM   #2
RED Code Chef

Welcome aboard Chuck! Good to have you with us. I think you are
the first from your region here (at least that I know) or I'm just
a weird foreigner that doesn't understand where you are from (heh).

You seem to have an interesting little business. Good luck with it!

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2003, 01:26 PM   #3
Trustee

hi chuck, i'm in boston, MA. dunno when i signed on but i think I am the first one from mass region =). anyway sheck out our local movie-making community:

http://www.newenglandfilms.com

it's pretty radical. anyway some of us are going to meet for the project greenlight's battle of shaker heights premiere next friday 8/29/03:
http://projectgreenlight.liveplanet....art=0&range=40

if you're interested. i'm who they call "JediFonger" online.
Old August 26th, 2003, 07:39 PM   #4
New Boot

Sorry but I have a shoot that day. Tell me a bit about yourself and your relationship with video.
Old August 26th, 2003, 10:58 PM   #5
Wrangler

Hi Chuck,

There's a few major "Masshole" contributors in here (I'm formerly one myself, before you take offense--grew up in Brookline, my folks live in Newburyport now)...Don Berube, Casey Visco from Glidecam to name a couple. If you ever need some upconversions or additional support gear or that sort of thing, a good pal of mine runs a production company in Watertown called Pulse Media, he's a solid resource and a great guy, very helpful.
Old August 27th, 2003, 01:28 PM   #6
New Boot

It's always a pleasure to hear from another Masshole Charles. What prompted the move to LA?
Old August 27th, 2003, 05:13 PM   #7
Wrangler

Well Chuck, I had worked my way up in the Boston production community to the point where I didn't have too much further to go. Pretty much everyone knew me as "the Steadicam guy" in New England, plus I was working as a DP, but I really wanted to work on features and didn't have the credits to get on the ones that came to town.

I was coming out to LA a couple of times a year to teach Steadicam and ended up landing my first studio feature over a weekend that I was sleeping on a friend's sofa, as luck would have it. Six months later I moved out full time, been out here for six years now. I miss the fall foliage and the fresh Sam Adams and Harpoon IPA, but career-wise I definitely made the right choice! And last year I met my near-fiancee who just happens to have grown up in Beverly (moved here nine years ago to be an actress) and her parents moved to Newburyport also...little, tiny world!
Old August 28th, 2003, 07:00 AM   #8
Trustee

2bad. i wish i had a shoot =). anyway. i'm a "wannabe" director. only made 1 short. shot on the same sony hi8 that i have right now. saving up for xl1s (like everyone else). have 2 projects i can jump on immediately but no equipment. i have a dual cpu computer that i can edit stuff with =). that's it for now anyway.

Quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Mello : Sorry but I have a shoot that day. Tell me a bit about yourself and your relationship with video.
Old August 28th, 2003, 02:08 PM   #9
New Boot

If you ever in the market to rent an XL1 or a Final Cut set up let me know.
Old August 28th, 2003, 08:36 PM   #10
Trustee

cant afford to rent even $100/day is crazy. the usual rates are 300+/day.

no thx. i can own 1 if i rented for 40 days =). duh!

plus i have prem/AE/etc. on a dually. i'm alset on editing front. thx though... unless i can rent xl1s 4 free! =)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood