Just starting out and need help at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old May 10th, 2008, 12:54 PM   #1
Tourist

Just starting out and need help

Hi everyone!

My name is Abby and I'm just starting out in the videography as more of a hobby. My next project is in 2 weeks and I need help getting a good digital camera that is not too expensive. Preferably I'm looking for a camera to be under $700.00 for it to connect to the computer and have memory built into it. I also need a wireless mic to work with the camera.

And I need lights, but I have no idea which lights I need for a video shoot. As I said it's more of a hobby for an amature video shoot, so my budget is very small.

If any of you could recommend some equipment for me for this, I'd grately appreicate it.

Many thanks!

Abby
Abby Kenders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2008, 01:05 PM   #2
Regular Crew

more info

it'll be difficult to give you a good opinion without more info. Maybe like. what are you shooting? for what? ..the more the better.

the $700 is only for the camera I hope. wireless mic are very expensive...I think the entry level is Sennheiser G2 series...still not the most reliable option Do you have to go wireless? lights...on camera lights? stand lights?....to light what?

Osmany
Osmany Tellez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2008, 01:21 PM   #3
Obstreperous Rex

Hi Abby,

Welcome to DV Info Net. What will people look at your project? Are you planning to distribute it over the web, on DVD, or both? Do you have a need for High Definition video? If you don't need HD, you can probably find a good flash-memory camcorder for less than $700. A video tripod would be a good idea too.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood