Hailing from Missouri at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old August 21st, 2008, 08:15 AM   #1
Major Player

Hailing from Missouri

Hello there. Glad to be able to introduce myself here on this board and take advantage of the great resources it has. I'm currently working with a Sony HDR-HC9 (not sure that I'm pleased with the purchase yet), with wide angle lens. In the market for a shotgun mic, but I suppose that's for another forum :) Been working with digital film for some time, but can't say that I've produced anything that saw success. Primarily, I'm interested in fiction, drama, but I've dabbled in documentary work here and there. Well, I suppose that's about all I've got for a first post. Glad to be here.
Brian Maurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2008, 03:25 AM   #2
Major Player

Hi Brian

Welcome to the group.

A shotgun mic is probably one of the best investments you can make when starting out, you can't beat clean audio! I've got an Audiotechnika At815b and it delivers great audio, I think it was about 180 pounds, or $360 I guess. You can make a boom for the mic yourself with a fishing net handle or something like that. At least that's what I did :)

Good to hear you don't intend to give up on the filming.
Stuart Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2008, 11:39 AM   #3
Regular Crew

welcome

Hay brian!
if your ever in the st pters ofallon st charles area let me know we can chat in my studio.

Shawn
Shawn Kessler is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood