Greetings from St. Louis, MO at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old November 29th, 2008, 10:21 AM   #1
New Boot

Greetings from St. Louis, MO

I am Jon Michael Ryan from smack-dab in the center of cheap real estate St. Louis, MO. I'm a fan of the dedicated and professional community that comprises DVi, without whom I'd have been in a few nasty headaches throughout the past few months.

I operate Tangent Mind LLC, a company dedicated to doing anything visually. We're working on a really sweet project in the Sierra Madres down in Mexico, so I'll post updates as things pop up during the next two years. Should be some sweet contraptions; a custom-rigged blimp cam (waiting for Sony's new EX lipstick gem), "trout" cam, and a few other contraptions. It'll be fun to see how the community here can help on the designs as I reach a point of financing and finalizing them. There's a second component to TM, but he's in Holland finishing film school. Currently, he's shooting a film for Couch Surfing. Check it out www.couchsurfingfilm.com.

I shoot with the pmw-Ex3 (and it has proven to be quite the camera). I used to shoot on the Xl2, and I've got some stories about its durability! It survived a 20 foot slide down the side of a trail, thankfully so did I. I edit on an apple Final Cut rig. And as a kid I though action figures were expensive. Ha!

Looking forward to becoming a contributing factor in this community!

Best,

Jon Michael Ryan
Jon Michael Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2008, 10:57 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Hi Jon and welcome,

have a beer in Riddles Penultimate (on 'the loop' in Univ City) for me sometime - that was my favourite bar when I used to practically live in St Louis on business! Great music, food and beer!
Old December 10th, 2008, 06:35 PM   #3
Regular Crew

welcome Jon!

Hello Shawn here im in ofallon missouri drop me an email sometime mabe we can talk films.

Shawn Kessler
Digital Film Pictures
Shawn Kessler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2008, 03:06 PM   #4
Tourist

Hi Jon,

I'm from the St Louis area originally and get home to visit quite often.
A great city, the best baseball team on the planet and good beer !
When I travel, I have a small studio that travels with me, so don't hesitate
to ask should you ever be in need of original MUSiC !

Good luck with all your projects !

Ralph Diekemper

Ralph Diekemper / composer and performer
Ralph Diekemper is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood