Newcomer & Advice at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old December 9th, 2008, 11:37 AM   #1
Tourist

Newcomer & Advice

Hi ALL. Retired Letter Carrier (Been Postal) Retired Military, past 10 years driving a school bus. Triple Dipper!!!!! Avid PC nut, house beautiful (outside person) landscaping, gardening flowers shrubs love GREEN (Lawns). Over the years have done a lot of video recording, and now is the time (winter shut in) to deal with my personal computer and all photography, video, music, and other varied IT projects.

Currently I am searching for some advice on which software would be best suited for my video (analog & digital) to dvd creations. I have a array of camcorder tapes, both analog & digital. My pc I believe is more than adequate with sufficient hard drive space, ram, 1394, graphic card and processor. I currently have a Dell Sonics s/w MYDVDLe version 6.1. I am not really too high on Roxio or Sonic whichever. My OS is XP professional with the Windows Media version 11. I’ve just recently had my writer replaced with a Optiarc DVD+RW AD-7200s (good reviews). I am also in doubt about whichever DVD media to use, RW, +R -R ???????????
I have used the windows movie maker at times and have been somewhat satisfied, however with the many tapes which I have, this could ultimately be a very time consuming process. If the time factor (writing) results in poor quality results, I’ll just have to deal with it.
Any or all advice would be greatly appreciated.
Walter Fritsch is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood