Hi, From Sunny California, USA at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old January 12th, 2009, 08:12 PM   #1
Major Player

Hi, From Sunny California, USA

Hi,

At the moment here in the San Francisco bay area we are having a warm spell. Very nice.

I started out taking Video of my sister's cross country horse events on her Sony DV cam and she would edit them on a MAC using Imovie. A few years later my other sister gave me my first Video camera a Panasonic VHS-C format camera. It takes very good video, actually. I have been making Tennis highlight and instructional videos with that camera for a year or two. Also I took a lot of footage of the Monterey California Classic car races the last 4 years. My porfession is in Computer desktop support/ server administration with my MCSE Cert in Windows 2000. I am slowly trying to break into the video business by doing Tennis videos for the members at the San Franciso Tennis Club in San Francisco, California among other simular projects.

I just got the Sony FX7 HDV camera and I like it a lot. I just found this site a short while ago and it has a great community of users.

John Gerard
John Gerard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2009, 04:06 AM   #2
Trustee

Hi John,

I'm over on the other side of the Bay in Marin County up in Novato. Like you I have a "regular" job and do video events as a hobby/part time job. I now shoot with a Canon HDV. The wife calls it a hobby gone bad but it keeps me out of trouble.

If you ever need a second shooter drop me a message. I have mostly been doing stage shows, recitals, plays, etc. Am in the middle of editing a dance recital I shot this last weekend.

Good luck!
Garrett
Garrett Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2009, 11:26 PM   #3
Major Player

Hey John, right south of you in Oakland. If you every need a hand on anything or if you interested in collaborating on something gimme a shout out.
Jay Kavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2009, 09:59 PM   #4
Major Player

Hi,

I actually live in Berkeley. So I am pretty close to you. Right now I am going to start a small wedsite to display some of the things I have done. I took a lot of stills of the Monterey Auto Races as well as a lot of great Blue Angles Photos during SF fleetweek. You can almost see the whites of the pilots eyes. Not that close but you can see their helmets. Also I am going to include some of the Premiere Pro/ Encode DVD menus I have done. I did some in Premiere Pro 2.0 before I upgraded to CS3 and started using Encore. I had to learn everything by trial and error looking at the example menus in photoshop.

I will keep you guys in mind if I come up with a really good project.
John Gerard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2009, 10:34 AM   #5
New Boot

Hi!

Greetings!

I started a thread here also. I mentioned in there that I'm travelling with my band, Rootz Underground (www.rootzunderground.com) to California this month (Feb.) for the Raggamuffins Music Festival (Ragga Muffins Festival) and am encouraging DV industry pros to come on out to them so you can hear some good music and I can meet other people in the DV industry!

One,
Colin
Colin Rootz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2009, 08:25 PM   #6
Major Player

howdy! I'm just east in the central valley in Modesto. If you're in the area and need a helping hand, feel free to give a shout!
Carlos Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2009, 05:48 PM   #7
New Boot

Hey John, just joined the forum and was browsing around to see if there were any other Bay Area people here. Definitely glad to see some!

I'm usually available to help out for shoots during the evenings and weekends, so let me know if you need a hand! (I'm looking to build my experience points!)
Brent Tam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2009, 06:25 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Tam View Post
Hey John, just joined the forum and was browsing around to see if there were any other Bay Area people here. Definitely glad to see some!

I'm usually available to help out for shoots during the evenings and weekends, so let me know if you need a hand! (I'm looking to build my experience points!)
Hey Brett, shoot me a msg, looking to create shorts with high production value here. Send me a msg if interested (also anyone else in the Bay Area interested)
Tim Kay is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood