Yet ANOTHER Hello from MD at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old February 9th, 2009, 08:59 PM   #1
Tourist

Yet ANOTHER Hello from Maryland

Hey all,

I figure I'd jump on the Maryland bandwagon as well. My name is Grey, I'm finishing up at Towson as a film major. In addition to school stuff, I do a lot of pro-bono documentary work on the side with a glass blower in the area as well as some human rights work.

Before school (to pay for it) I was a Navy damage controlman serving on the USS Ponce (LPD-15) out of Norfolk, VA for 4 years (01-05). I did some flight deck stuff (blue shirt), and was a burnerman in the STEAM engine room on top of weighing CO2 bottles all day. We sailed to Iraq twice and it was a pretty all-around horrible experience that has proven invaluable to dealing with the day-to-day of civilian life.

I set up a small editing lab in my apartment off of a unibody macbook pro. I use a Canon GL2 to shoot, but am in the market for a good/cheap boom mic and a Super 8 camera, input is welcome.

Last semester I got my first chance to shoot on film, with an Arri SRII, it was cool. Anyway, I built a ridiculous (120lb fully-loaded) steadicam for it out of door hinges, cabinet holders, and garage door springs from Home Depot that I'll post pictures of if people are interested. It worked... ok, hah, but was fun to build.

If anyone needs a free grip/gofer on a set in the area, please let me know, as I'd like to get some on-set time under my belt before I *try* to jump into the job market.

Thanks,
Grey

Last edited by Grey Adkins; February 9th, 2009 at 11:48 PM. Reason: turned MD into Maryland to aid the MD invasion
Grey Adkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2009, 09:02 AM   #2
Major Player

Welcome Grey! You'll enjoy this place. A lot of knowledge and experience to be learned here.
Monday Isa is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood