From NJ---What a place!! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old September 19th, 2003, 11:21 AM   #1
Regular Crew

From NJ---What a place!!

I'm really new here, I just joined. I have to admit that I can't wait to go over all the threads. I love filmmaking and I hope to contribute as much as I can to this great community. I live in Eastern NJ, in a border town with NYC. If you are from the area and
Want to make contact just contact me. I’m going to be working on a short, using a XL1
Shortly.

Greetings!!
Old September 19th, 2003, 11:31 AM   #2
Major Player

Alain,

Welcome. I'm just across the river in Manhattan.

I am completing my short and in pre-production as director of photography for a full length feature being shot exclusively on the XL1S. Thats what has been getting in the way of finishing my short. I will also be shooting some tests in 16mm and 35mm soon for learning and a project simmering.

Anyways, keep me posted of your endeavors and I hope that we might meet in the future.

Add me to your email list(s).

Cheers!

Derrick Begin
dpb@dpbegin.com
212-591-1150
Derrick Begin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2003, 11:44 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Hi Derrick,

Thanks for you reply. I'll definitely keep you posted. I'm also going to be doing some testing on the XL1 with the PS Technik adaptor. I'll let you know when; maybe we can pick a few tips from each other’s work. My email is a.aguilar8@verizon.net

Alain
Old September 19th, 2003, 01:50 PM   #4
Major Player

Alain,

Did you buy the PS or are you going to rent it? I would like to see your results. The budget of the feature I am working on is "pay-as-you-go." I would like to see the PS in action. Not to mention use some of those 35mm primes.

I am setting the feature up with the option for DV to FILM. I wonder what PS blown up to 35mm looks like.

I read you are in the compu-TAH field. I supplement my income with computer work at Rock Center. Do you handle everything yourself, for the most part? What aspect do you like the most? (Edited - - Regarding Filmmaking)

(Insert Opportunity to tell me about yourself or email me.)

Cheers!

Derrick
Derrick Begin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood