Greetings from Northern Colorado at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old September 25th, 2003, 12:06 PM   #1
Major Player

Greetings from Northern Colorado

Hi,
I'm 37 and just getting started in DV. I come into this form from two others. fiction writing and cartooning. I spent the entirity of my twenties learning to write, and my thirties leaning to draw. A few years back I nearly published a novel, but in the end I was a collateral casulty of some kind inter-publishing house political feud; To this day, I don't really know what happened.
Last year, a job I was offered evaporated at the last second. I was really dissapointed, untill I realized that I was aiming to low. Anyone can work a straight job; I wanted something more; so I decided to put my Narrative and visula skills to use and live out my lifelong dream of making movies.

I've made one (really, really bad)short- on a GL-1, and have several screenplays in the works. Sadly, due to some serious personality defects on my part, my GL-1 access has evaporated. Currently I am using a panasonic comsumer camera(the infamous 16 bit mono DV-53) . Six months to a year from now, I am going to spend 3-4k on a new camera; but in the meantime, I want to shoot some video. If my first short taught me anything, it is that I have a lot to learn, and a lot of mistakes to make-so I have decided to push my little DV-53 as far as I can. My next project will be a series of silent, B&W action adventure shorts, not unlike Fritz Lang's "De Spinnen" (The Spiders).

After that, maybe I'll try something with sound and color.

I hope that isn't too much information...

Thanks,
MG

PS: This is a great forum. Reading the posts here has already saved me a world of trouble.
" When some wild-eyed, eight foot tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head against a bar room wall, and looks you crooked in the eye, and he asks you if you've payed your dues, well, you just stare that big suker right back in the eye, and you remember what old Jack Burton always says at a time like that, 'Have you paid your dues, Jack? Yes sir, the check is in the mail."
Michael Gibbons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2003, 05:58 PM   #2
RED Code Chef

Welcome aboard Michael! I'm sorry to hear about all of your
misfortune and I do hope your luck will be better in the future.
We've all been there when you make your first shots and think,
aiii, what happened there <g>

Everything I do is me learning to do it better next time. Try
to keep improving yourself and your movies should get better
fast.

One thing I do know is that I wouldn't be anywhere near the
level I'm currently at without this great forum and site. A lot
of stuff would have taken me a long time to figure out which
someone here just explains clearly to you in a short time.

Looking forward to seeing some of your work!

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood