Greetings from Atlanta, GA - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old December 10th, 2006, 08:51 AM   #31
Regular Crew

solomon: ah...sounds like we're on the same page my friend. i could definately use some tips. i'm actually looking for a good spot to get some nice timelapse footage of the city turning day to night - do you know what the best spot for that would be downtown? have you done any short films? always happy to meet fellow filmmakers. what's the best email for you? PM? or just shoot me a line through my contact info on my website.

Rob: hey thanx man glad to be here and network.
James Carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2006, 01:49 PM   #32
Major Player

Hey James, welcome to dvinfo. Nice to see more Atlanta area members here.
Philip Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2006, 07:55 PM   #33
New Boot

Welcome to the A

Welcome to Atlanta. Your website is very impressive. I look forward to your short film in January.
Monte Raynor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2006, 05:56 AM   #34
New Boot

Hi everyone.
Iam in Atlanta and work in Telecommunications. We have a large Video dept with some great gear. At home, my son and I have 2 DVX 100a Pannys,
Steadicam Flyer, wireless and shotgun mics and more. We just ordered the RedRocks M2 35mm adaptor and a Bartek wireless system for focus pulls. We have shot some music videos and a few independent features. Look forward to speaking with you all.
Take care.
John Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2006, 12:07 AM   #35
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Thompson
Hi everyone.
Iam in Atlanta and work in Telecommunications. We have a large Video dept with some great gear. At home, my son and I have 2 DVX 100a Pannys,
Steadicam Flyer, wireless and shotgun mics and more. We just ordered the RedRocks M2 35mm adaptor and a Bartek wireless system for focus pulls. We have shot some music videos and a few independent features. Look forward to speaking with you all.
Take care.
Cool Gear... I've been using Canon XL2 and DVX100a with the redrock M2. I'm getting a Brevis35 soon. What I'm most interested in is the Bartek system. What does a fully working wireless focus pulling system cost?

Do you have a website with any work samples?
Solomon Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2006, 05:37 AM   #36
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomon Chase
Cool Gear... I've been using Canon XL2 and DVX100a with the redrock M2. I'm getting a Brevis35 soon. What I'm most interested in is the Bartek system. What does a fully working wireless focus pulling system cost?

Do you have a website with any work samples?
Hi Solmon,
We have been renting the Bartek but just ordered one 2 days ago. System with motor and focus gears is aprox 4k. How do you like your M2? My son who does the Steadicam has been using a M2 with the HVX200 recently and just loves the look. I looked at there footage the other night and it was awesome.
Old December 13th, 2006, 12:05 PM   #37
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Thompson
Hi Solmon,
We have been renting the Bartek but just ordered one 2 days ago. System with motor and focus gears is aprox 4k. How do you like your M2? My son who does the Steadicam has been using a M2 with the HVX200 recently and just loves the look. I looked at there footage the other night and it was awesome.
Yeah I've got great stuff out of the m2, as long as it's turned, it's very hard to get grain to show up. I'm getting the brevis Because it's weighs less than the M2, and loses less light. You also don't need to have rails so it will be great for run and gun (and flying on cheaper stabilizers that have weight limits)
Solomon Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2006, 09:51 AM   #38
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomon Chase
Yeah I've got great stuff out of the m2, as long as it's turned, it's very hard to get grain to show up. I'm getting the brevis Because it's weighs less than the M2, and loses less light. You also don't need to have rails so it will be great for run and gun (and flying on cheaper stabilizers that have weight limits)
The HVX with the M2 seems to be a perfect weight from what my son told me. Flying the DVX, is puts some additional weight to help balance it out.
Old December 14th, 2006, 10:40 AM   #39
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Carver
new dude here living in atlanta. right now i work in web/graphic design as a day job and making the move to filmmaking. i've been writing screenplays and stories in general for seven years and now taking the next step to turn my words into visuals. i just bought the HVX200 a coupla months ago, have an oktava mk012a microphone, boompole, windscreen, shockmount, etc. i also plan on creating my own soundtrack music and am working with a Korg Triton keyboard, boss br-1180 mixboard and a Fender strat guitar. on software i working with FCP Studio 5.1.2 and the Adobe CS2 suite.

currently working on my first short film and will be posting it on my website at www.jamescarveronline.com hopefully sometime in January. it's such a pain trying to coordinate actors/crew and my own schedule......i'm learning patience everyday but not by choice. :)
Hey!
Good to know i have someone else here in the A...thought i was all alone on this forum for a minute.

I'm a director and i'm looking for a writer and a producer as of right now...maybe we can talk about some things.

G. Hayes
Old December 14th, 2006, 01:45 PM   #40
Regular Crew

cool man shoot me an email.

:)
James Carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2006, 10:06 PM   #41
Regular Crew

Crew Work

I'm just posting to let everyone know that i'm looking for some crew work. So if you have any productions going on let me know and maybe i can come out and help out. (In Atlanta of Course!)

G. Hayes
Old December 15th, 2006, 12:52 PM   #42
Trustee

Hey, what ever happened to us Atlanta people getting together for drinks or whatever? I have been in the Virginia-Highlands area for 20 years. Shoot mostly stuff for EPA and CDC. We all need to meet at Georges or maybe the botanical gardens, the Niki display is still going on there. A great place to video. Bob
Bob Safay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2006, 06:17 AM   #43
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Safay
Hey, what ever happened to us Atlanta people getting together for drinks or whatever? I have been in the Virginia-Highlands area for 20 years. Shoot mostly stuff for EPA and CDC. We all need to meet at Georges or maybe the botanical gardens, the Niki display is still going on there. A great place to video. Bob
Just name a evening you all want to get together and we will be there!
This week would work for me or the week after Christmas.
John
Old December 18th, 2006, 12:40 PM   #44
Major Player

George's, in VA Highlands.

Thursday the 24th. 7:00 pm.

I could make it!
Dick Mays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2006, 04:52 PM   #45
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Mays
George's, in VA Highlands.

Thursday the 24th. 7:00 pm.

I could make it!
What month ya talking about Dick? Jan?
John Thompson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood