DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   Greetings from Atlanta, GA (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/18058-greetings-atlanta-ga.html)

Dick Mays December 18th, 2006 08:27 PM

Sorry! I meant the 21st, three days from today. I've not available Christmas Eve since I have a long, long trip to make that night...

Jim Michael December 18th, 2006 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Carver
i'm actually looking for a good spot to get some nice timelapse footage of the city turning day to night - do you know what the best spot for that would be downtown

There is a good view of Midtown buildings from Piedmont Park at sunset. The light playing on the buildings would make a nice timelapse.

Dick Mays December 18th, 2006 09:29 PM

My favorite spot is an overpass crossing over Freedom Parkway (the road to the Carter Center). It is a western view of the city and looks great at sunset.

James Carver December 18th, 2006 11:02 PM

i actually hadnt been to piedmont before. i'll have to check that out. i found a real nice view from centinniel park the other day though.

the overpass on freedom pkwy is that safe? away from cars and any bums walking up on you?

:)

Bob Safay December 19th, 2006 08:14 AM

OK, so how many of us are up for George's on the evening of the 21st of Dec???? Bob

Dick Mays December 19th, 2006 01:46 PM

You want saftey from Bums? And a good Atlanta skyline too????

I'm still in for 7:00 at Georges if we get a party together.

John Thompson December 20th, 2006 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Mays
You want saftey from Bums? And a good Atlanta skyline too????

I'm still in for 7:00 at Georges if we get a party together.

I could still meet Thur evening at Georges. Where is this place?

Bob Safay December 20th, 2006 08:48 AM

Are you familiar with the Virginia-Highlands area of Atlanta? Not far from Piedmont Park. Georges is almost right on the corner of Virginia and Highlands. It sits between the gas station and the Highlands Hardware store. So how many can make it on Thursday night at 7 pm????

Solomon Chase December 20th, 2006 11:19 PM

I'd love to go, but I'm busy on thursday from 7:30 to 9pm.

Bob Safay December 21st, 2006 06:49 AM

Solomon, sorry you can't make it tonight. I am sure we will get together again after the holidays. Bob

George Ellis December 21st, 2006 08:23 AM

I am going. Will have my Humahumanukanukaapua'a hat on.

Dick Mays December 21st, 2006 12:46 PM

I am going, and will be looking for the hat...

Bob Safay December 21st, 2006 01:45 PM

I'll be the bald guy with the mustache in a leather jacket drinking beer. Bob

George Ellis December 21st, 2006 01:56 PM

I have not heard from Ms. Dill in a couple of days. Hope she did not miss this.

Dick Mays December 22nd, 2006 02:49 PM

George, Bob, it was great meting you guys in person. Next time, let's do it with more advanced notice and get more people there.