What's up DV People?! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old December 17th, 2003, 05:44 PM   #1
Regular Crew

What's up DV People?!

Hey guys, I'm new to the board, but not to the DV Community. I am 17 years old, and I currently own a Canon XL-1. I bought the camera by cashing out all my stocks, and bought it so I would have a DV camera to use for the Senior Video that I'm producing this year for my school. I live in St. Louis, MO now, but I used to live in Ft. Lauderdale, FL, where I worked on a school-wide tv show for a year. This is my 3rd year in TV production. I'm hoping to attend FSU's film school, which I hear is pretty good. We'll see how that goes. Below is a link to the trailer me and my partner created to the senior video. Its just a rough edit of everything though...tryin out some effects and whatnot. Besides, its for the other students (who don't know anything about it) to see what we're doing. So far the feedback is great!

http://www.pchseniorvideo.tk
Ross Weinshenker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2003, 09:45 PM   #2
New Boot

Ross,

Welcome Ross, I'm new on the board but have been a visiter many times. Nice to see a fellow St. Louisan here. XL1 nice camcorder. I live in the south Missouri Ozarks now but lived in St. Louis for many years where I ran my business.

Good luck with your video and future..............Happy Holidays

You cannot motivate the best people with money. Money is just a way to keep score The best people in any field are motivated by passion
--Eric S. Raymond
David James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2003, 09:56 PM   #3
Major Player

Ross,

Good for you. Wasn't able to play your vid (on a mac here), but it's great that you joined this forum and you are doing editing, filming, etc. (especially with the XL-1). I wish I had started in High School! You're ahead of the game. The senior video is an awesome project and I wish you luck. Also, good luck in film school...hope to hear much more from you in the future. Take care...

Clay
Old December 17th, 2003, 10:53 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks for the support guys. Clayton: Soon I will have a quicktime version available for the mac users :).
Old December 17th, 2003, 11:15 PM   #5
Major Player

Ross,

Will look forward to it (thanks)...go to bed! I'm a teacher and I know you need your rest!

Clay
Old December 18th, 2003, 02:29 AM   #6
New Boot

Hi Ross!

Just checked out your Senior trailor... I like. I'm also new here too, I only wish my highschool had a multimedia production class, club or anything with student filming involed. I'm certainly glad to see that schools are doing this sort of art.

Take care,

Jess
Jesse Castro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2003, 02:46 PM   #7
Regular Crew

My school has NO program. I have my own independent study class that is dedicated to producing it. I do it all on my own in a class period by myself.
Old December 18th, 2003, 03:41 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Looks good keep up the good work.

As for the Mac user if you are in OSX try using the latest Windows Mediaplayer.

If that does not work try VLC it is a great app/
Sharon Fraats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2003, 04:16 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Yeah it worked at school on Mac OSX, so its cool that way.
Ross Weinshenker is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood