Hello from a newbie... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old December 26th, 2003, 09:29 AM   #1
Major Player

Hello from a newbie...

Hi. Im Dustin Waits. Ive been shooting video for a little over a year now. Last summer I bought my first camcorder. A hi8 Sony TRV108. I only used it to record my friends and I riding BMX. I realized that I could do more with my footage than just plug it into the tv and watch it so I bought a Dazzle capture card that came with the Dazzle Movie Star software and started editing. I used this same setup all the way up untill this spring. Thats when I started looking more serious into dtv. I started reading magazines and such. I read about all the products in the industry and learned alot about it. I purchased a Sony TRV950 in the early days of summer this year. I am currently still using the TRV950 to shoot and Adobe Premiere, After Affects, Photoshop, and Encore to edit/composite/author. So far the only videos I have ever made are BMX related. I have never made any short movies but I want to start one day. I have made many short bmx videos (anywhere from 3 - 15 mins. long) and 3 full length bmx videos (ranging from 30 - 55 mins.). First two full lengths werent very good as I was just starting out and wasnt as serious as I was when I made my latest full length "Progressive Penury". I produced this video onto vhs tape and dvd and so far it is a big hit to the people I have showed it to. We are having a premere party at a friends house next week to launch the sale of the video so I will just have to see how it all goes.

But anyways, just thought I'd say hi.

Oh I have a web site. www.bmxbums.com
Dustin Waits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2003, 01:27 PM   #2
RED Code Chef

Welcome aboard Dustin! Good luck with your premiere party!

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2003, 02:56 PM   #3
Capt. Quirk

Welcome Dustin! Always great to see a fellow Floridian in here.
K. Forman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood