DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   Howdy 2006 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/1996-howdy-2006-a.html)

Robin Greenidge May 13th, 2002 09:31 AM

Howdy 2006

Greetings From Long Island

Howdy,
The names Robin Greenidge(Mr.)... :)
I work for a corporation here on the island and I am "the" video department! I produce in-house training videos using an XL1 and GL1. I got started with this about 2 1/2 years ago (0 years of experience) and boy do I have a lot to learn! But there is plenty of OJT goin' on right here everyday. I appreciate this website and what it has to offer.
If I ask a stupid question every now and then, go easy on me!

Chris Hurd May 13th, 2002 10:32 AM

Hi Robin,

We have a policy here that there is no such thing as a stupid question, so no worries and fire away. The only stupid question is the one that doesn't get asked. So by all means use these boards, that's what they're for.

Are you coming to DV Expo East in the city in June? Drop by the Canon booth and say hello, I'll be there. Welcome aboard,

Mark Olsen September 10th, 2005 08:25 AM

Anybody in Denmark?

Hi everybody!

Untill now i havn't been able to track eny other danes down in this forum, so i'll ask directly - Can i really be the only one in 18500 users?

Im a new boot and i would like to get in touch with others from denmark!

Greetings,

Mark Olsen

Carlos Yasik November 25th, 2005 09:28 PM

Hello Im Carlos Yasik from Guadalajara, Mexico

Hello, i use Final Cut Pro, after effects, cinema 4d, and i own a HVR-Z1U, I love and work in Guadalajara.
Is there anyone from Mexico or Guadalajara, let me know!!

I also own a site of social video of my city, clubs, partys, if you have the time, check it out it is:
http://estamosenvideo.com

The bad thing is that it is in spanish, but maybe you'll enjoy some of the videos.

Guest December 3rd, 2005 10:14 AM

Are you in South Australia??

Well, I am!!
I'm in my 30s and a relative newcomer to this industry.
I am familiar with After Effects (for motion graphics), Photoshop, Premiere Pro and other applications. Looking to produce my first documentary in the near future, but might also get into corporate videography or budget commercials.
Anyway, great to see lots of Aussies in this forum!

Joshua Jezioro December 5th, 2005 01:52 PM

Greetings from an aspiring filmmaker in western NY!

Hello! My name is Joshua Jezioro. I am 16, currently in my junior year of high school. I aspire to be a professional filmmaker and have been researching colleges with undergrad film programs.

I recently started my first project, which is a transformation of my English teacher's book to screenplay and then to video. I have a few other projects lined up. I am currently looking to get as much experience in various genres as possible (documentary, drama, comedy).

I am shooting on mini DVs right now, it's a Canon camera, not quite sure of the model #.

I am looking forward to picking the brains of all the current members!

David Ellis December 23rd, 2005 05:11 AM

Active Duty Air Force riding out a hobby...

Hello to all,
My name is David Ellis and I'm on active duty serving in the greatest Air Force of all time. I'm originally from Georgia, but since I'm always on the go I've finally resided in Ohio. Well, ever since I've been a young boy i've been involved with cameras. Now that I'm actively involved with the outdoors, every chance I get I film friends and family on hunting adventures. I'm still not as experienced as many of you are, so any advice on outdoor filming would be greatly appreciated. I hope all have a safe and blessed holiday!

David Ellis
Active duty Air Force
Wright-Patterson AFB

Bob Safay December 23rd, 2005 08:09 AM

David, welcome to our family. Hey, I was in the USAF from......1967-1971. I was in the old TAC, if you remember that. And, I have been living in Atlanta for the last 21 years. Bob

James Darren December 27th, 2005 08:11 PM

Hi Eliman,
Not in South Australia but i'm in West Australia.... I suppose the similarities are we both have a capital city with the nickname "Dullsville"!....

I work full time as a camera tech & also freelance as a camera assistant/cable runner for the TV stations...

John Holland December 29th, 2005 07:06 PM

Greetings From North Carolina

Hey all,

My name is John and I'm a college student attending North Carolina A&T State University in Greensboro,NC (but originally from Raleigh). Anyways, I'm a broadcast production major with a passion for TV (especially making commercials). I love writing and directing and recently got into producing and do a little music composing (been on the piano for 13 years). I also have a passion for comedy and I currently make short films and I'm working on the third episode of my TV show on campus.

www.aggieblvd.net for the shorts.
www.aggieblvd.net/videos/TheParty.wmv for the recent episode of our show (think of it as a real life family guy).

I also have a production company called Green Bench Productions which has really taken off in my city over the past year. I've learned a lot, especially from hands on experience and coming across sites like this. Hope I'll be able to entertain you all in the months to come.

Per Morgen December 31st, 2005 09:54 AM

Anybody in Denmark?!

I saw this message, and can reply to it, as a Dane interested in DV and the like - and from Odense.

Halfdan J. Damskier January 6th, 2006 11:50 AM

There are a few Danes here

Hi there,

I too live in Denmark. I got my first DV camera last year, and I have been very pleased with it. I partly made my choice of camera based on the good advice I got from the community here. It's a great place for anyone curious about DV, and I am pleased to see that there are a few other Danes here after all. I know of one more Dane who's here, so there are at least four of us.

Happy New Year Everyone!

Jean-Francois Robichaud January 11th, 2006 03:11 PM

Kino-Kabaret in Louisville, Kentucky

People from Kentucky and the area might want to check out the Kino-Kabaret event in Louisville (February 9th - 11):
http://www.kinolouisville.com

A Kino-Kabaret is an event where filmmakers converge in one place and write, shoot, edit and screen short movies over the course of a few days. Tona Williams from Wisconsin made the following documentary about the Kino-Kabaret in Montreal this past October:
http://www.wis-kino.com/films/good_kick-williams.html

The will be more Kino-Kabaret coming, with events in:
Adelaide, Australia (March 9-18), www.kinoadelaide.org/
Vienna, Austria (May 20-28), www.kino5.net/
Hamburg, Germany (June 2-10), www.hamburgerkino.de
Quebec, Canada (May? June?) www.kinoqc.com
Brussels, Belgium (sometime this Spring), www.kinobelgique.org
Madison, Wisconsin, USA (sometime this Spring) www.wis-kino.com

Stay tuned, there will a lot more during the Summer.

Frank Asante January 11th, 2006 11:32 PM

Any One in DC-Metro area looking for an Intern on Wkends?

Hi,
I have decided to take up videography as a hobby and wanted to learn the trade through hands on experience. I would be glad to offer my free service to any wedding/event videographer in the Dc-metro area who in turn would mentor and give me the required hands on training in video and editting.

Rob Lohman January 12th, 2006 07:43 AM

Hi Carlos and welcome aboard (H)DVInfo.net! My appologies for such a late
welcome note. We're glad to have you aboard!