from the Kingdom of Bahrain at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old February 3rd, 2004, 08:53 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Come visit my web-site!!!

Greetings to all from the Kingdom of Bahrain... I like to introduce myself a little, my name is Hamad Abdulla I run and own a media production company in Bahrain... Please visit my company's web-site and tell me your opinion... our site is: www.al-waad.com

And anybody out there interested in DV production in Bahrain or wants to corporate or simply wants to talk about DV production in general please feel free to email me at bigseahawk@hotmail.com

By the way we do all sorts of things, from Documentary film making to Television Commercial production and 3D animation!!! Please visit my site for further details!!! Waiting to hear from you :-)
Hamad Abdulla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2004, 05:54 PM   #2
RED Code Chef

Welcome aboard Hamad!

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2004, 07:06 PM   #3
Major Player

Greetings, Hamad. I just now noticed your message. If anyone plans on doing video work in your region, I expect you'd be a good source of advice on the special conditions of high temperatures and other environmental problems for a camcorder there. I especially like your website section that features a film star from the past, each month. As famous as these people may have been, there's a new generation of younger people who might not know about them, without this kind of presentation being done.

What video system do you use there? Is it PAL and do you produce anything using NTSC? Do people in your kingdom use any NTSC TV sets, VCRs and DVDs, as an alternative? I've heard that they often use equipment from both systems, in many Middle Eastern areas.

Steve McDonald
Steve McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2004, 06:13 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Hi there Steve....

Boy its been a while since I've logged onto this forum, been busy a lot these days... Anyway with regards to your questions, well in Bahrain nobody uses NTSC Camcorders to shoot with, and especially if you want to give the end product to a television station or a company... We also use here all the worlwide known cameras from Digital 8 to Mini DV to DVCAM to Digital Betacam, but they are ALL in the Pal format, I have yet to see one in the NTSC format to be honest... But nearly all the TV systems, VCRs, DVD players, are Multisystems in which they can play both NTSC and Pal, but if you wanted something for broacasting I suggest you get it on the Pal system...

As for the weather, its hot during most times of the year, but you won't feel it, because most of the time your inside airconditioned rooms and buildings.... The hot weather doesn't effect the camera's function too much I have to say, as long as you don't keep it all day out there under the sun, and shooting in the afternoon will make you avoid the hot sun... But in Bahrain its way too humid during summer time, because its an island... As a result humidity is the thing that you should avoid not the sun... Anyway if your interested in any type of production we can help you out here :)
Hamad Abdulla is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood