DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   any female videographer around iowa? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/21570-any-female-videographer-around-iowa.html)

Gino Terribilini March 1st, 2004 05:41 PM

Jeff-
Yeah, if you could, that would be great. Thanks!

Lisa Williams February 24th, 2006 02:39 PM

is nebraska close enough?

I'm a female videographer and editor from the middle of Nebraska.

Linda Walker May 29th, 2006 02:59 PM

I'm lurking :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kris Holodak
I'm not remotely close to Iowa, but in some ways that's the beauty of the forums, you don't have to be near each other to connect. All the forums seem to be guy heavy, but I bet there are more women lurking out there than we realize.

Smile,
Kris

Yes, there are a few women here, including myself. I wish I knew more female videographers in my area....central Wisconsin. Any females in my area?

Linda

Dorothy Engleman May 29th, 2006 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linda Walker
Yes, there are a few women here, including myself. I wish I knew more female videographers in my area....central Wisconsin. Any females in my area?

Linda

Hi,

For networking in your neck of the woods, try getting in touch with Women in Film

and International Documentary Association

Good luck and let us know how things work out for you!!

Dorothy in Santa Monica

K. Forman May 30th, 2006 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Lohman
There are some women here but not a whole lot.

There used to be more women, but they kept trying to redecorate the place. Drapes, swatches, throw pillows... we like it sparse around here ;)

[QUOTE=Lorinda Norton]
Without fail, every mail order rep east of the Rockies that looks at my address (ID) says, "Nampa, Iowa?" But, alas, it is Idaho. [Quote]

You mean they aren't the same place? Do they grow potatos in Iowa or Idaho?

Greg Boston May 30th, 2006 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa Williams
I'm a female videographer and editor from the middle of Nebraska.

Hi Lisa,

Just out of curiousity, where in Nebraska? Of course you don't have to answer but I ask because my mother's side of the family is from there. She grew up around York and Benedict. County #18 on the license plates if my memory is correct.

I almost took a chief engineering position at KHAS in Hastings but got better offers here in Texas so here I am (going on 25 years now).

-gb-

Greg Boston May 30th, 2006 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diny Patterson
<<<-- Originally posted by Gino Terribilini : I still haven't figured out of i'd be considered more advanced or still a beginner. If you have any "dumb" questions you might feel embarassed about asking, feel free to ask and i'll help you out any way i can. You'll find that stupid questions usually get the most thorough responses, though because everybody knows about it and everybody will have an opinion. I've been here for a whopping two days now and everybody seems to be friendly.... no bites yet. i'm looking out for Chris and his watchdog, though. ;) -->>>
hi gino,

thanks a lot for the offering.
as a matter of fact, i do have a LOT of dumb questions... unfortunately.
is there anyway i could email you?

Just an FYI for the new members... anyone who 'bites' on this forum doesn't get to stay very long. There's a long list of things we don't allow here that makes this one of the friendliest places on the net.

Welcome aboard to both of you! Ask any question, we'll try to answer.

-gb-

Angela Frasure May 30th, 2006 07:37 AM

IN the Middle of Kansas

Women in this field are few but good at what we do, or we wouldn't be here! I enjoy being a videographer and editor. I would never give it UP!

Lorinda Norton May 30th, 2006 08:19 AM

[QUOTE=Keith Forman]There used to be more women, but they kept trying to redecorate the place. Drapes, swatches, throw pillows... we like it sparse around here ;) [QUOTE]

LOL, Keith! Except you forgot about the stuffed animals! (I want my dog back. ;)

Interesting what a search will turn up; this thing started a looong time ago. Good to see all of you ladies!

Meryem Ersoz May 30th, 2006 08:34 AM

yah, keith, we get pretty tired of the empty pizza boxes and crusty chinese take-out containers in these parts. and don't get me started about the old boxer shorts hanging from the doorknobs around here....

oh, sorry, my bad. those were mine....

K. Forman May 30th, 2006 10:21 AM

[QUOTE=Lorinda Norton][QUOTE=Keith Forman]There used to be more women, but they kept trying to redecorate the place. Drapes, swatches, throw pillows... we like it sparse around here ;)
Quote:

LOL, Keith! Except you forgot about the stuffed animals! (I want my dog back. ;)

Interesting what a search will turn up; this thing started a looong time ago. Good to see all of you ladies!
What started long ago? People taking your stuffed animals???

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meryem Ersoz
yah, keith, we get pretty tired of the empty pizza boxes and crusty chinese take-out containers in these parts. and don't get me started about the old boxer shorts hanging from the doorknobs around here....

oh, sorry, my bad. those were mine....

But... those were collector's boxes!

And boxers go in the corner, not on the doorknobs!