Greets from the land of Deliverance! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old February 19th, 2004, 02:52 PM   #1
Major Player

Greets from the land of Deliverance!

I am from Cedartown GA and have been comming here for several months now. I am introducing myself today because I will now be needing to interact!
I have just gotten done ordering an AG-DVX100A and I will have many needs I'm sure! I have only previously used my wifes Sony Hi8 for minor tinkering, and I'm one of those crazy fellows who has decided to risk his or her ass investing in digital moviemaking equipment. I ordered it from Rush at EVS, and am feeling very good about it all, but still terrified at living out such a decision. I hope my family(wife and 2 1/2 year old son) will not regret the awsome support they are giving me!
I have maxed out one and touched the other of my credit cards to make this initial purchase. I decided on these items as most essential priority given my financial powers....

-The AG-DVX100A
-Some tripod that Rush mated to the 503 head(which he HIGHLY recommends going with over the 501, and I do trust the man)
-The ME66/K6 with a 12.5 foot boompole and shockmount.
-The Varizoom shoulder/handle rig
-and 10 Master Quality tapes.

I will have to pay this down before getting any real lighting and other essential gear. But when you are commiting this much of your meager buying power, it is really nice to have the transaction take place under such pleasant circumstances. I was in the backyard inside an old falling apart in ground swimming pool(it has fairly tall trees growing out of it) with my son throwing sticks into the pond of rain that has built up in the deep part of it. I had my paper with my little list of items. I am very grateful to have found out about Rush and EVS, because during the year that I have been building up to this, I always pictured it being a very special event, and it 100% was. Now, I have the ever so exciting wait for the Fed Ex man(or woman!), which I opted for the 3 day air, because I do not want to willingly put myself through the torture of waiting any longer. This is going to be cool!
So anyway, hello folks!

Daniel Runyon
Daniel Runyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2004, 07:21 PM   #2
Outer Circle

Welcome, Daniel! Have fun when you get your DVX!
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2004, 09:14 AM   #3
Trustee

Hey Danial, welcome abord. I am an XL-1s shooter from Atlanta. I cover 8 states and love and have been in Atlanta since 1984. I love the Cedertown area. Bob
Bob Safay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2004, 12:32 PM   #4
Major Player

Hello Bob!

I was in Atlanta wednesday with my wife and son...we took him to the Ringling Bros circus, which was awsome. While at the Phillips Arena waiting for will call to open, a fellow with an XL-1S came by shooting the ticket line. It was the first one I'd ever seen in real life, and I wanted so badly to go look at it, but I'd have lost my place in like a kid that just got to see the Batmobile in person! I have wanted a camera for so long, and for much of that time, the XL-1 was the item of study! I am pretty sure I am going to buy one if I ever get the financial freedom to do so. Those cameras will be remembered classics.
Cedartown is an awsome resource for characters and settings. I feel very luck to have such a great location largely to myself! It is very fertile ground. Atlanta is a strange place to me, and I intend to shoot there too! I cannot wait to get started with all this. It's going to be quite the adventure.
Daniel Runyon is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood