Washington D.C. Virginia Maryland at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old May 30th, 2002, 01:50 PM   #1
New Boot

Washington D.C. Virginia Maryland

Early 20s film student, interested what other people in the area are doing with film and dv, and editing with Premiere and After Effects.

I have an XL1 with pro audio accessories, .6x converter, glidecam, skycrane, and other accessories available to rent, but most of the time I like to exchange equipment for help on my own projects.

Let me hear from you if you work with an xl1, or other DV, and are in the area.
Adam Coward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2002, 12:23 AM   #2
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Welcome!

Sounds like you have quite a bit of gear. Also sounds like you get around. DC, Virginia and Maryland...and you list your location as Connecticut!

Glad to have you here. Pull up a seat and grab a liquid refreshment of your choice!

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2002, 06:02 AM   #3
New Boot

also in DC

TDR,

I'm also in DC. Am doing a shoot of an outdoor contemp. dance performance at the Sculpture Garden (by Hirshorn Museum, Smithsonian), evening of June 13th (Thursday). Am shooting w/ my GL1. There's also a PD150 shooter who'll be there. I plan to edit the thing (from this performance plus an earlier performance of the same work). The performance runs just under 1 hour. It's a complex, beautiful piece (choreographer is Naoko Maeshiba, who's trained in butoh -- avantgarde Japanese dance/theatre). Very low budget situation, but if you're free that evening & interested, we can figure out compensation (and/or barter or something). It would be great to have XL1 input, poss. w/ your skycrane setup [which I think may be interesting for certain sweeping-movement possibilities -- the space is wide open and there's all the sculpure and spectators, and two different levels to view from . . . ] --

this could be a first little collaboration. I've other things up my sleeves . . .

kindly drop me a note if you would, thanks!
d.i.

David Raphael Israel
Other Shore Productions
Washington, DC
email: davidi@wizard.net
davidisrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2002, 11:47 AM   #4
New Boot

Others in Washington, DC area?

If there are other DVideographers in this area who'd like to get acquainted, kindly send me a chit (davidi@wizard.net); am interested to make some contacts with camerapersons in town, for poss. future projects.

thanks!
d.i.

David Raphael Israel
Director
Other Shore Productions
washington dc
davidi@wizard.net
Other Shore DVD
Old June 5th, 2002, 01:18 PM   #5
New Boot

Thanks for the welcome Ken! I recently moved from CT to DC and I roam the east coast looking for adventure and DV ;)

To anyone new reading this post, I've emailed David and we will most likely be working together. This forum is a great way to meet people. Thanks to the moderators and Chris for the XL1 watchdog!
Old June 6th, 2002, 02:30 PM   #6
New Boot

[post deleted]
Old June 8th, 2002, 06:05 AM   #7
"SuperSparks"

Hi David. Jim here in Stafford VA. (about 40 miles south of DC.)
I am working on getting a good camera.
but for now I am using a canon zr-10 :) and a mac G4.

Hump? What Hump?
Jim Sauza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2002, 01:52 PM   #8
Regular Crew

FREDERICK, MARYLAND

Hello all.

This is Pepi Singh Khara from Frederick, Maryland. I am a real estate broker by profession (www.isellhouses.com) but also own a DV film production company (www.frederickfilms.com): Gear that I own is a Canon XL1s, Canon MA 200 XLR adapter, Sennheiser ME 66 mike, Sony 44 lavalier mike, boom pole, Sennheiser wind basket, shoulder mount for the XL1s, LCD screen that mounts on top of the XL1s, Arri light kit (two 150's and one 650 watt fresnel), a Kino Flo mini lighting kit (car interiors etc), a home made dolly (using skateboard wheels, pvc pipes), Canon 16x zoom lens and the Canon 14x wide angle lens, filters, extra batteries and what not.....

My crew and I have done 2 short films and we've just wrapped up casting for a full length DV Feature Film to be shot in Frederick, MD in Nov / Dec 2002 (details on www.frederickfilms.com). I am looking for VOLUNTEER sound personnel and VOLUNTEER camera owner/operators to make this a 2 camera shoot.

If you or someone you know might be interested to be a part of a FEATURE project...... lemme know........ I look forward to hearing from the local DC area DV community.

Warmest wishes to all.
Pepi Singh Khara
www.frederickfilms.com
Old November 27th, 2002, 12:48 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Folks in Wahsington DC area

I have lived in Nothern Viriginia & Washington metropolitan area for 20 years and am a computer programmer and a weekend videographer. I have been playing with my XL1S PAL since January this year. Recently I'd edited my clips in Final Cut Pro 3.0 in Mac. I had some experience in the still photography, but am a beginner in video. I have some skill sets for making video and desire to make a movie someday.

My email address is msmmgr@hanmail.net
Steve Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2002, 09:48 PM   #10
Regular Crew

MD, VA, DC

Well I'm a converted cowboy (Houston, Texas) now but lived in the DC / Baltimore are for about 20 years. My recording studio was in Falls Church. I used to go back to the area several times a year. I have been working on a still photography project in Baltimore for about 6 months (five years) and just started to shoot some video up there with excellent results. But since I discoved some great places to shoot recently, I go back a lot more often, and I have to haul a grip truck's load 'o gear along. If any of you locals want to hook up, let me know your email and I'll let you know when I'm in the area.
Thanks,
Mark

p.s. I love watching the snow fly this time of year...on the weather channel!

mark@markaustin.com
Old December 12th, 2002, 08:27 AM   #11
Regular Crew

Feature film just made in Frederick, Maryland

Hello All.

This is Pepi Singh Khara from Frederick, MD. I am a real estate broker (www.isellhouses.com) with a passion for films (www.frederickfilms.com). After 2 short films (Febr 2002 and July 2002), my film company has just wrapped up principal photography (22 days non stop) on a "love story/drama" feature film, shot entirely on location in Frederick, MD (The Weinberg Center, Firestone's Restaurant/Bar, A Farm, Cafe's, various Apartments, downtown area)..... We had a DP from NYC, 2 sound guys (mixer & boom operator) from LA, a Prod. Asst, an Asst. Director, I produced & Directed.... we are currently logging our DVCAM tapes and begin a rough cut in a week or two, followed by more B footage, foley, sound edit, music edit, final cut.... We intend to show our film at The Weinberg, Frederick and the Tally Ho Theatre, Leesburg before embarking on the festival route in 2003. Previously I had owned a Canon XL1s, which I sold and bought 2 Panasonic 24P DVX100's - on which we shot our feature film (with the possible intent to blow up to 35mm). I intend to make another self funded feature film in June/July 2003. If anyone wants to collaborate under the umbrella of my film company, where I produce/direct, please feel free to contact me. The only people I paid were the sound guys + a small cash stipend for the DP, who also got a deferred deal..... everyone else were on deferred deals only.

Regards, Pepi.
Old December 20th, 2002, 02:14 AM   #12
Major Player

Hello All,

I used to live in Georgetown, DC, and recently moved to Alexandria, Virginia.

I am currently setting up a small film production/video encoding company called Fusion Arena with a friend of mine. We have a DV resource site at www.fusionarena.com/community

As far as equipment, we have a Sony VX2000, seenheiser mics, and other gear, and we edit with Premiere/After Effects etc..

If anyone wants to meet and perhaps collaborate on any projects please contact me.

Brad Simmons
brad@fusionarena.com

I'd be great to hear from some of you guys. We are currently in pre-production of a short film that will probably be around 40-45 minutes once completed. For that shoot we are going to be using a Sony DSR500.
Brad Simmons is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood