Can I hang with you folks? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old March 8th, 2004, 12:14 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Can I hang with you folks?

Hello all! While conteplating starting up a videography buisness (and searching the net for reviews, advice, and equipment) I came across your forums. They appear to be invaluable to novices such as myself, and I look forward to some day utilizing the more advanced info I see is also available here.
Now a bit of info on me. I am 35, married, and a father of two. My world orbits around them, nuff said. I am a career Paramedic, and have been working in the EMS field for just over a decade. I have always enjoyed working with video. From "TV production" classes in high school, to assembling insanely primitive editing set-ups with a couple VCR's, a stereo amp & board, and some Radio Shack componets. It was blunt edge amatuer work to be sure, but I really had a good time doing it. Over the last couple of years I purchased a DV camcorder (Sony consumer) and some basic editing software for the PC (starting with movie maker), and caught the bug again. Recently I have worked (on a voluntary basis) on taping some local events, and editing them down to a finished product. I got a lot of encouragement from people that saw my work to persue this hobby in a more professional manner. I finaly decided to give it a go.
I live in a rural area, and videographers come in mainly from the nearest large cities. This creates several issues that make these services to pricey for the average Joe here. I would like to eventualy turn a profit, but I am embarking on this as an adventure first, job second. Due to my work schedule I will be able to focus on a part-time videography buisness on my off days. My video skills need not pay my bills :) But....maybe someday. I have tons of questions, but I realize I should not post them all here :). I also moderate a similar (in structure) forum, and I will do my best not to be a pain. Thanks for your time.
Old March 8th, 2004, 12:59 AM   #2
Wrangler

Looks like you've come to the right place, James--hope to hear a lot more from you!

You must have a lot of interesting stories to tell having been a career emergency responder.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | The best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Robert Knecht Schmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2004, 01:26 AM   #3
Outer Circle

James, welcome! Of course you can "hang." These forums are friendly and informative---we all help each other out here.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood