DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   Hello From South Florida (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/23242-hello-south-florida.html)

George Gerez December 10th, 2002 01:46 PM

Miami, Dade Broward Florida People

Hello everyone, Local to Miami Florida.

I would like to meet other NL Editors, Camera people, Students, from this area. to share ideas, and assist in shoots or editing. I am very open minded and creative.

My background is computer arts, audio, and remixing music. If you ever need assistance give me a call. I am also open to helping people Amateur or Experts in Video Editing, DVD, and Shooting, College or low budget documentries or low budget movie or commercial shoots.

Have fun, and Happy Holidays.
(954)441-4446

Tim Joseph January 11th, 2003 01:39 PM

I'm up north in Orlando but I thought I'd say hello! Name's Tim. I have an xl-1s and avid and am interested in documentaries and just about anything anyone wants to hire me to do. I've been trying to do some documenaries but my subjects seem to be too busy. I'll shoot a day or two and they disappear on me. Ah well. Atleast i have my paying customers!!

K. Forman January 12th, 2003 09:12 AM

Hello all!
I'm up on the East coast of Fla, in Palm Bay. I'm also in much the same setup and situation as both of you. Some equipment, experience, and an edit system. Of course, not enough work or decent help to really make a go of it.

I have taped some music performances, events, and lots of editing for SurfGuru.com. I also have done some animation/3D, but none of serious caliber... yet.

In any case, it is always great to meet new folks, and exchange stories and ideas, even work together from time to time. You never know where you might end up :)
Keith

Imran Zaidi January 13th, 2003 12:20 PM

I'm in the Orlando area too. GL-2 rig with the usual assortment of audio/video equipment. Web developer by trade, but doing the filmmaking thing on the side...

Imran Zaidi

Johnny Fernandes February 15th, 2003 04:10 AM

Shooting In Fl.

Hello to all,

I have been reading the threads daily and have started one or two like the other day, where can we get some Ballcaps that say DV like in a black hat.

Anyways

I'm Videoscape and I reside along Florida's Space Coast, Brevard County. That is really close to Orlando Fl. if anyone is a shooter, editor, sound editor, or just really anybody interested in production action, mail me at

Videoscape@cfl.rr.com

This place Rocks!!!!!!!

Chris Hurd February 15th, 2003 12:56 PM

Looks like I'll be in your neck of the woods next week... I'm doing a Dell Call Center blitzkrieg through Florida, for Canon USA. Wednesday I'm in North Orlando, Thursday I'm in Fort Pierce.

We're working on the ball cap thing. Look for an announcement coming soon.

Since you've registered, we've changed our forum policy here at DV Info Net and we're encouraging the use of real names (it's now a requirement, in fact). Please take a look at http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/misc.php?action=faq#name and shoot me an e-mail so I can update your account info.

And if you want to get together for coffee or a beer (preferably beer) next week, then let me know! Welcome aboard,

Imran Zaidi February 15th, 2003 01:01 PM

I actually live a mile from downtown Orlando myself... Chris, what is it you guys at Canon are doing with Dell? Anything interesting for us consumers?

Don Parrish February 16th, 2003 08:30 AM

A friend of mine is a dell rep for convergys in Orlando. I live about 30 miles NW in Lake county. If you need anything while your here just email. Maybe I could bribe you with beer to change my username now.

K. Forman February 16th, 2003 07:03 PM

I'll be in Orlando Tuesday, for the WEVA seminar. It will be a long day. I signed up for everything from 9:00 AM to 10:00 PM.
Keith

Chris Hurd February 18th, 2003 07:08 AM

Convergys is where I'll be in fact. Looks like I'll be on the North Orlando side on Thursday afternoon the 20th... I'm wrapping up at 4pm. If any of you guys want to meet for dinner up in that area, shoot me a phone number by email. Hopefully I'll get it; depends on the hotel internet access situation.

Trey Perrone March 15th, 2003 04:55 PM

i used to werk for convergys there, its in lake mary. i highly recommend the resteraunt across lake mary boulevard there, stonewood. great food. the bartender is my old roommate. god i miss that weather...

Joe Carney April 19th, 2003 07:21 PM

Hmmm, just how many Floridians are on this board? Especially Vegas users from FL?

K. Forman April 20th, 2003 08:49 AM

Joe-
Yes to Fla resident, sometimes to Vegas. How's that?

Mike Moncrief April 24th, 2003 06:43 PM

In Fl.

Hello,

right outside of Orlando Florida.. Have PDX10, NLE editing sytem, AfterEffects, Lightwave, Photoshop and more..

Mike Moncrief
www.digitalcanvas.net

Carolyn Burgess April 30th, 2003 08:13 AM

Hello from South Florida. I joined the boards a few weeks ago. Its good to see so many Floridians.