Hello from Bloomington MN at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old May 6th, 2009, 09:53 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Hello from Bloomington MN

Well, I don't know where to start... My path is just beginning and It has been an interesting one.

My first experience around film and TV was at a local educational TV station. I worked camera, replays, and I did a little bit of directing. I loved it, but it was all volunteer work. After I was old enough to get a job, I left them and went to work for some real money.

After finishing high school and bouncing from fast food to coffee and tire shops, I went to college for Automotive Technology. I liked cars when I started but after this "Recession" hit, I thought more about a better paying job and started thinking about what I truly wanted to do. So, after a year and a half in school, and 1 semester away from graduating with an associates degree in Automotive Technology, I quit my major. I went to full time at my job as a Shift supervisor at a coffee shop. After many weeks of wondering where I was going, I decided today, after my manger gave me 2 options, neither all that good, that I am going to take a giant dive off the deep end and commit myself to video.

I am going to leave my job soon and get into video and give it my all... I LOVE being around people filming, I LOVE making short movies and I LOVE the people you meet. I however don't like editing, So, that is my drawback. I am teaching someone how to edit in hopes he will like it and I can pass the job onto him.

I have already got a name chosen, Digital Noir Productions, and a website up. I have to register with the state, and get all the tax info still... But I am working towards owning my own production company. I am in talks with another guy to do weddings. He will do photos and I will do video.

So, Now that I have found a career that I love, I have to risk alot and hope this will work out! I am lucky enough that both of my friends flaked out on me and I did not get an apartment this year. If I did, I would be stuck at my dead end job, and I would not be able to afford to take this risk cause of rent.

Wish me luck in my new adventure. I hope I can get this off the ground!

-Scott
p.s. Advice would be appreciated

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood