Hello from Easton, MD! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old May 23rd, 2009, 04:13 PM   #1
Major Player

Hello from Easton, MD!

Any video pros on the Eastern Shore?

I am also in Columbia, MD a lot.

My wife and I have our own non-profit called Aguayuda (www.aguayuda.org). But we have normal jobs since non-profits don't make much of a profit. ;)

We are also toying with the idea of starting our own video company. This would be more of a hobby than a business to become rich. ;)

I use the canon hv20 (love HD), PPCS4, AECS4 with Prospect HD from Cineform. We (my wife and I) do video presentations for our fundraisers. The first one got lots of compliments. Working on my second video on our last trip to Colombia where we completed 3 water projects.

It would be great to talk and meet some local people in the business to get some ideas on starting up our own company and hearing and learning about their experiences!

Greetings,

Simon
Simon Zimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2009, 11:00 AM   #2
Major Player

Strongly considering getting the Panasonic HMC-150. Anyone in MD have one?

Would love to hear what you think.

Simon
Simon Zimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2009, 01:57 PM   #3
Major Player

Hey Simon... Don't have the Panasonic but I'm just up the road in Centreville at QACTV. We'll have to meet and compare notes one day.

I'd check out this thread: Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders - The Digital Video Information Network more on that camera.
Old June 12th, 2009, 06:36 PM   #4
Tourist

Scott from Rockville

Hey Simon,

I don't have the 150 either but wanted to say hi. I own my own production company down here and it's doing pretty well. I shoot with Panasonic 100b's and the new JVC GY-HM700. The 700 makes the 100b's look like toys. I shoot all over the Washington-Baltimore area for clients. Best of luck to you. Give me a call if you want to talk. You can find me at www.youtube.com/user/adrproductions.

Last edited by Scott Shirley; June 12th, 2009 at 06:38 PM. Reason: add additional information
Scott Shirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2009, 09:58 AM   #5
Major Player

Hey guys!

Good to hear there are some locals. :)

I just got the HMC-150 and LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!

What kind of equipment do you guys use for video editing and sound?

Would love to meet up sometime.

Simon
Simon Zimmer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood