G'day From Sydney Australia - Come See My New Website at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old June 7th, 2009, 01:24 AM   #1
Regular Crew

G'day From Sydney Australia - Come See My New Website

Hi Guys,

I've made a handful of posts since joining last month. I'm a Wedding Videographer based in Southern Sydney, Cronulla to be exact.

I use a Sony Z1 and edit using Final Cut Studio 2. I've just launcehd a new website and have a whole new look to boot. Wedding Video Sydney - Drumroll Productions Corporate and Wedding Video Sutherland Shire Sydney

The Business is call "Drumroll Productions", I'm a muso who decided that filming was my next passion apart from Jamming on the Drums.

If anyone is interested I had a band a few years back playing Steve Morse Dixie Dregs music. This was filmed by a couple of amateurs in a club in cronulla: YouTube - CruiseMissiles's Channel
These clips were my first ever edits.

This Business was started as an experiment a couple of years ago and now I have been doing it full time for about 6 months. I have some clips in my Wedding Gallery, like to know your feedback.

I'm pretty happy with the way things have been going so far and look forward to further development of the Business and the creative art of Videography.

Love to hear from you, Let me know what you think?

Cheers,

David Edwards
Drumroll Productions.

Last edited by David Edwards; June 7th, 2009 at 01:29 AM. Reason: title
David Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2009, 04:21 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Hi Dave !

Nice work mate.
Steve Elgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2009, 04:35 AM   #3
Trustee

g'day mate - wierd that we have to hit a U.S. site to get together but it's the best forum around.

Nice site, the clips are loading a litle slowly for my liking, you migh want to try Sorenson Squeese.

I think there's enough Aussies here for a drink!
Old June 7th, 2009, 11:05 AM   #4
Obstreperous Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Mailath View Post
wierd that we have to hit a U.S. site to get together but it's the best forum around.
This isn't a U.S. site. It's a worldwide site.

The site's owner is in Texas (that's me). But it is a worldwide site.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2009, 06:06 PM   #5
New Boot

Hi Dave,

I work in film and am looking to bridge the gap between projects possibly doing wedding short films like you have done on your site.

How do you go regarding music copyright and licencing, as I noticed you had quite a few original tracks in your work.

How much does it cost to get a synchronized licence for each track and where do you go in Australia to source it as I am based in QLD.

Cheers

Dustin
Dustin Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2009, 07:00 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin Gray View Post
Hi Dave,

I work in film and am looking to bridge the gap between projects possibly doing wedding short films like you have done on your site.

How do you go regarding music copyright and licencing, as I noticed you had quite a few original tracks in your work.

How much does it cost to get a synchronized licence for each track and where do you go in Australia to source it as I am based in QLD.

Cheers

Dustin
Hey Dustin,
I haven't done any weddings for along time but I beleive you can obtain a special yearly blanket cover license from AMCOS, but Dave would know more about that I guess.

Steve
www.elgarvisualmedia.com.au
Steve Elgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2009, 11:19 PM   #7
New Boot

Hi Dave and other Aussie lurkers,
Its good to see more and more locals joining this forum. Even though it is an international group, there are lots of helpful members, and good info. Myself? purely doing most of my video for a sometimes paying hobby. Check out my youtube persona "bushtrailer"
Chris
Chris Callaghan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood