Douglas Spotted Eagle Injured - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old June 19th, 2009, 07:04 AM   #16
Major Player

Douglas
I wish you have a fast and full recovery.
Ron
Ron German is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2009, 08:38 AM   #17
Obstreperous Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Gold View Post
Spot has posted a rather detailed update over at the Sony Creative Software forums...
That link is Sony Creative Software - Forums - Vegas Pro - Video Messages

Just got back from the second scrubbed launch attempt of STS-127 and the InfoComm trade show in Florida and only now finding this... our prayers and best wishes for a quick recovery go out to DSE from everyone here at DV Info Net. Very good to hear that he'll be up and walking soon, and thankfully this wasn't any worse than it is... still, our hearts go out to him for the pain management, time laid up and other concerns.

Obviously it was a very hard fall, but from what I know of Douglas, I'm confident he will bounce back with full force.

Get well soon Spot,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2009, 11:13 AM   #18
Major Player

As a relative newcomer to non linear editing, and in particular Sony Vegas 8 Pro, Doug's posts and his VASST DVD training have been great tools for me.

Although I have never met him I feel like I know him. Doug, if you make your way over here and read this post know that I am praying for a full and quick recovery for you.
D.J. Ammons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2009, 12:04 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Sorry to hear this news. Get well soon, Spot!
Old June 19th, 2009, 12:36 PM   #20
Trustee

Adding another voice to the multitude.

You know that if there's anything any of us can do to help, all you have to do is reach out.

Know you're in a lot of peoples prayers for a complete recovery as fast as humanly possible.

Also, I assume you have a lot of friends and family close - but my wife and I will be in SLC July 1-3 visiting our son at school ... if there's anything practical that another set of hands could accomplish to check anything off your background worry list - just drop us a line.
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2009, 12:41 PM   #21
Inner Circle

What a shame! DSE I hope you recover well. Goodness knows I only REALLY got into Vegas after reading your book. Changed me as an editor forever.

Godspeed.
Old June 20th, 2009, 12:33 PM   #22
Trustee

DSE,
Glad to hear that you are on the mend and will come through alright. I know from personal experience that there may be some tough road yet ahead. Despite the DSE 2.0 new model bionics, etc. healing from core trauma and P.T. can be a major p.i.t.a. in more ways than one - and can be quite emotionally and spiritually draining. After the the initial flurry of excitement of injury and response has waned, it can also start to feel rather isolating.

Know that there are many folks 'round these parts who may not know you personally, but are pulling for you in spirit and wishing you well.

Sending good thoughts.

-Jon
Old June 20th, 2009, 02:55 PM   #23
Major Player

Holy cripes!

Glad to read that DSE has started on the road to recovery but, dang, that's a scary sounding accident.

-Andrew
Andrew Kimery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2009, 12:30 AM   #24
Major Player

Spot

Godspeed, Spot. Glad to hear you are on the mend

Jack Hubbard
Jack D. Hubbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2009, 02:10 PM   #25
Regular Crew

Sorry to hear about your accident.... our prayers will be with you and we hope for a speedy recovery. We miss you on the forum.....

Ronnie Martin
Page 1
Old June 29th, 2009, 04:43 PM   #26
Major Player

Hi DSE, Hope you heal up fast and completely, I have spoken with you several times before about jumping and your camera work with AirSpeed. I've dropped a toggle before as well on a 107 and man that hurts.
Jerry Porter is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood