Hello at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old August 7th, 2002, 06:48 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Hello

Hi all,

Only recently joined (found) this forum but its great to know there's somewhere to get the answers to all your questions.

I'm 24 and live in the UK. I bought an XL1 about a year ago under the pretense of making a film. At the time i had no idea what to do and still don't. All i knew is that i wanted a good Camera to give me the flexibility to make films. The thing that really swung it for me in regards to getting the XL1 was the interchangable lenses, i was clear in my mind that no matter how good you are at making a film if you film it with a camcorder it'll look like a home movie. Maybe now i realise thats not true but i don't regret buying the XL1 just that i haven't had much chance to use it.

All i have done to date is my mates wedding and i learnt a great deal just from that. My line of work means i can get into airshows to film but what with 11th September last year all the US planes are not flying this year so i've not been to any.

I've played around with filming lightning and keep meaning to film my girlfriend on her horse but because i'm also a keen photographer i prefer to take my 35mm out most of the time (one of the draw backs of the XL1... i'm frightened to take it out anywhere in case it gets damaged... stupid i know).

So at the moment i'm writing a film script and still hoping to film that. So if there are any actors in the Norfolk area (UK) up for a bit of filming let me know.

Nick
Nick Glenister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2002, 11:41 AM   #2
Major Player

* * EXCELLENT * *

Nick,

First of all WELCOME!

Second, I would love to be in your film. I am willing and able to travel, however, I need a plane ticket for myself and my girlfriend. I also would like 2.9 million pounds. Kidding! If you are in New York and want to create some work, let me know. I'm game.

I am working a film script myself and an actor. I just jumped in and I'm swimming about. Currently, working/shooting a short. I own an XL1S.

Anyways, welcome! You came to the right spot to ask questions and have them answered. Its excellent motivation...

To your film!

Cheers!

Derrick
http://www.dpbegin.com
dpb@dpbegin.com

P.S. Insure the camera, it helps. I've been playing in the water with mine and it's nice to know its somewhat protected.
Derrick Begin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2002, 12:13 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Re: * * EXCELLENT * *

<<<-- Originally posted by LHORIZON : Nick,
P.S. Insure the camera, it helps. I've been playing in the water with mine and it's nice to know its somewhat protected. -->>>

hmmm good idea... has anyone got the address/phone number of a good UK insurer???

Thanks for the welcome although is highly unlikely i'll ever make it to New York, sorry =o(

Nick
Nick Glenister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2002, 12:39 PM   #4
Obstreperous Rex

Quite a few Brits on this board actually... browse through the Neighborhood forum here and you should find a few of 'em scattered about. Welcome aboard!

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2002, 12:07 PM   #5
Wrangler

Hi Nick,

Nice to see another Britt on the board, where you live there is beautiful countryside (the broads), you could make a film about that?

As for insurers, if its for personal use, get it put on as a listed item on your house insurance cost about £10, for pro use, its worth doing a search on the net for business equipment insurance.

All the best from Hampshire, down here in the South.

Goodluck in what you do,

Ed Smith
Ed Smith is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood