Greetings from Scotland - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old July 24th, 2005, 04:48 AM   #46
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Forman
I understand there are some heavily haunted castles in or around Glasgow. Have you tried the Ghost Hunter thing yet?
The castles around this area make for great sets, as most will accommodate film makers, But i dont think ghost hunting is my thing ;) . When I get some footage from the short I will be uploading clips to this site to get a bit off feedback.
Chris J Davie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2005, 04:56 AM   #47
New Boot

Hi Chris

I live not far in Cumbernauld.
I am new to this video shooting. History is my thing and I have upgraded from a Canon XM1 to XL2. I would like to get some tips from someone with more knowledge in filming.
Alex Calderhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2005, 08:02 AM   #48
New Boot

Hi

Hi Chris and Alex above. I live in Larbert which cant be far from alex. Do you know of a good club for video nuts like us in the glasgow are. I dont mean the sort of club where they hold a pic competition once a year and the rest of the nights they just practice one upmanship and brag about the equipment they have.
I was once in a club like that in Fife
Derek Grogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2005, 07:23 AM   #49
New Boot

oops. Its been a while since I was last here, thanks for the nice welcome. Its great to see im not the only one in the area! Alex Calderhead I must be within 5 miles of you, would be great to meet for a beer and discuss projects!
My short movie is coming along nicely but I have also taken on two documentrys and a feature length movie thats eating up my time too, but as promised I will get some clips posted of my projects when I can.
Old October 17th, 2005, 07:41 AM   #50
New Boot

Hi Chris

I received your email. I Have sent you an email to your personal address.
Drop me another email with your phone number and I will give you a call.
Old November 1st, 2005, 04:15 PM   #51
New Boot

Help given

Thanks Alex for coming over to give me a start in understanding Premier Pro.
I can follow things better if i see them than reading from the book. I need another night though. Tried again to re edit and got stuck. Must be an age thing with me!!!!
Derek Grogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2005, 02:27 PM   #52
New Boot

Again, its been a while. the DVD im making is eating up a lot of my time and trying to set up the interviews around everyones schedules is proving a pain! Alex i have lost your number mate. I would still be happy to have you come film some interviews and meet some of my crew.
Old December 3rd, 2005, 09:35 AM   #53
New Boot

Lost Number

Hi Chris,

I have sent you a separate email with my phone number.

Cheers,

Alex.
Old December 21st, 2005, 12:12 AM   #54
New Boot

Hello from a fellow scotsman in Hong Kong

Hi guys, it's been a while since I lived in Scotland, but it's good to know the indie film thing is doing good there. I am originally from Glasgow, but I have been living in Hong Kong since 1992. I am running a small production company here, you can go to my website to find out more www.glowproductionhouse.com Any way I am orginizing an outdoor film festival here in April 06 and I would be glad to find out more about your films for the coming festival.
Mark Sloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2005, 09:53 AM   #55
Trustee

Welcome Aboard, Mate!

Hi Chris and Merry Christmas! You won't find a better online family than the one you have right now. The folks here are very eager to help with advice, equipment sales and general all around good neighborliness. As a matter of fact, as a salute to you, I am enjoting a Walker's Scottish Shortbread right now with my tea! Mmm mmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Last edited by Hugh DiMauro; December 21st, 2005 at 10:49 AM.
Hugh DiMauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2006, 09:40 AM   #56
Regular Crew

Welcome Collaborators in Scotland

Hello Friends,
This is my first post, I have been here gleening for a while. I thought perhaps I might plead my case on the DV info court. I look forward to hearing from anybody interested or has had similar project experiences.
Firstly, this my first earnest attempt at producing, directing, editing etc. a professional quality DV project. Without the specific story details, let me say I'm involved in an international filming documentary that has me presently editing DV footage from Kimberton Hills, PA. USA. The bulk of the documentary is on two locations in Scotland. The Aberdeen location and the Stirling, Scotland locations have required me to seek out collaborators. I began posting at Scottish film sites as well as the Universities' student boards. I have requested filmmakers as well as a DOP, photography will be needed at the sites as well. I have received offers to help from sound and voice professionals and a few individuals that have photo experience on independent shorts. The documentary is historical in nature, but I am using selected music from resident Scots as well as a Canadian guitarist. I will hope to complete the location filming by May.The media then will be sent in hard copy to me in the States where I will attempt to extract my vision from it. I would appreciate hearing from those who have has similar projects completed and those in Scotland that might want to shoot some DV for a day at each location. I can offer credit and copy for your efforts. I will also like a couple DV cameras available to shot a live session at Clyde FM radio, in Glasgow. I hope the talent will have a few songs to duet and chat with our interviewer. That footage will be provided as "Extra Features" on the DVD. Thanks for letting me bend your ear...
Adios,
Christo Aaron
Christo Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2006, 03:56 AM   #57
Tourist

Glasgow filmmaker!

Hey all!

My name is Fraser (obvious from my username hehe) and I'm in Scotland, just outside Glasgow. I studied HND Television operations and productions at James Watt College in 2004 and I was at the BBC's Training program "E-Force" in 2003.

I've made three short films to practice my skills and I'm developing my feature film "The Journey" which we'll be shooting on mini DV this summer in Scotland.

Obviously my company Silly Wee Films hasn't made a big name for itself yet because we just started out in September last year but I hope that people might take me more seriously once we complete "The Journey". It's been really diffilcult getting money for it, and we're confident we'll be able to shoot it for £20,000. I've got a great experienced team on board and the actors are great, so fingers crossed we'll be able to make something great. Obviously it's my debut feature film so I'm not expecting it to be a massive hit, but as long as people can enjoy it for what it is, the actors get show-reel material out of it (and hopefully more work!) and I learn from it, then that's all that matters, right?

Anyway, I agree with Andrew Graham of Camerashy (a great production company in Edinburgh!) that we all should do our best to help each other out, and I'm more than willing to help people out if I can :)

I hope to speak to you all soon

- Fraser
Fraser Coull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2006, 01:46 PM   #58
RED Code Chef

Hi Fraser, welcome aboard (H)DV Info Net, good to have you with us!

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2006, 09:53 AM   #59
New Boot

Fraser, Need any help?

Hi Fraser,

I'm an experienced videographer who will be visiting Edinburgh in July or August 06....Was wondering if you need an extra hand...Also was wondering about the International Festival, and/or the Fringe Festival. I believe these are held in late August.

Thinking about documenting some of this on my own, or as a collaboration. Basically looking for a "working vacation".

Any ideas or offers?
Thanks.
Pat Celec
Pat Celec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2006, 01:10 PM   #60
Major Player

Fraser, I'm a steadicam operator based in Glasgow, if you want some steadicam in your film gi'me a shout and we can work something out. :D

John.
John Steele is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood