Hello from the Musicians and Writers of Just Plain Folks! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old January 21st, 2005, 01:36 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Hello from the Musicians and Writers of Just Plain Folks!

Hi Everyone,

My name is Brian Austin Whitney and I am the Founder of the Just Plain Folks Music Organization. We're a grassroots music organization that includes over 26,000 artists, writers and industry professionals of all types from #1 writers and artists to hobby level beginners.

We focus on networking, education and inspiration of our members and in 2005 and beyond we are hoping to expand the communication lines and creative collaboration between our members and those in the film community. We get a lot of questions from our own members about working with filmmakers, how to get their music into films and where to find them. Our organization is free to join and we also have a busy message board that focuses on music on our site.

In addition, we do events all over the US and Canada each year that we video tape for a giant archives which includes performances from over 13,000 artists in North America in the lat 6 years. We also host the worlds largest music awards of any kind and so this year we purchased a Canon XL2 and a Canon Optura xi to upgrade the quality of all this footage and also to start working on a documentary project about our organization and the grassroots music community at large.

We already partner with other leaders in the music industry such as CD Baby, TAXI, The Future of Music Coalition, Virgin Digital, Disc Makers and others and we'd love to find some friendly ways to interact our membership with all of you folks so we can teach each other and find new and cool creative things to do together.

I welcome the interaction with all of you and welcome you to come say hi on our site as well, especially if you have any projects that require original music, soundtracks, incidental music etc. because I bet we have a lot of writers and artists who would love to work with you no matter what your level of development currently is.

Thanks for reading this far. Our motto at Just Plain Folks is "We're All In This Together" and we extend that same philosophy to our talented friends in the film industry!

Thanks and continued success to all,

Brian
www.justplainfolks.org
Brian Austin Whitney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2005, 11:05 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Hi Again!

Hi Again,

I've had some requests from our musician members about any of you here who are making music videos and how to best make contact with you all. Is there a place where you folks list your demos/resume/services or projects you need music for so that musicians looking for directors or projects to work with could check you out and make contact easily about hiring you for video work?

Thanks to those who have contacted us off line, but please feel free to respond directly here as well. I'd like to get to know folks on this site. I have a few dozen referrals for video work each year and I'd love to meet and get to know some of you to send business and projects to.

Brian
www.justplainfolks.org
Brian Austin Whitney is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood