Hello from Macau, China at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old February 15th, 2005, 03:50 AM   #1
Major Player

Hello from Macau, China

Hello everyone! Actually, I'm one of those guys that have been here for a while just reading your interesting discussions. With the introduction of the new Panasonic camera rumour and with me starting my own company I decided it was for the best to finally join you guys and be able to share and learn from all of you!

Sérgio
Old February 15th, 2005, 10:51 AM   #2
Major Player

Sergio, welcome. I checked for Macau in my world atlas and find it's a place of much legendry. What kind of stuff are you shooting there?
John Sandel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2005, 09:02 PM   #3
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by John Sandel : Sergio, welcome. I checked for Macau in my world atlas and find it's a place of much legendry. What kind of stuff are you shooting there? -->>>

Well, actually, Macau was a former portuguese colony in CHina. For more than 500 years, this place was ruled by the portuguese. It is a very unique and particular place, due to a very strange cocktail of different people from very different origins. With the so called "return to motherland", or, in other words, the return to China, Macau is going trough major changes- some good, some bad. As a young aspiring filmmaker, I figured that, having taken my college degree in portugal (in Film and TV production), The place I would get the most interesting stories would be here- and I believe I made the right choice.

Being a Macanese (mix of portuguese and chinese), I find this cultural "cocktail"to be very interesting for either short films and even documentaries- I've written a couple of shorts already, but still have to film them. I've done a documentary about the Macanese, also. What I've done,also is a series of "poem like mtv videos", wich try to capture and communicate certain particualrities of this place. I would like to share this with you, but unfortunatelly I cannot upload anything...

Anyway, talking about Macau could really fill lots and lots of lines, so, thanks for listening!
Old February 15th, 2005, 09:45 PM   #4
Major Player

"I figured that ... The place I would get the most interesting stories would be here"

Boy, it sure sounds like it! The minute you get the chance to share any of your creative work, don't hesitate to post links here.
John Sandel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2005, 07:54 AM   #5
RED Code Chef

Welcome aboard DVInfo.net Sergio! Good to have you with us!

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood