DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   Greetings from Ontario Canada (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/43556-greetings-ontario-canada.html)

Dale C. Elliott October 14th, 2002 07:02 AM

Hi From Eastern Ontario Canada

Hi, I just joined a couple of weeks ago. This is a great site. I have been out of the business for the last 4 - 5 years and just getting back into my own production company. Before that I had worked in TV Broadcasting for 7 years. I hail from Brockville, Ontario Canada.
Anybody out there from Eastern Ontario?
I am waiting on the arrival of my XL1s and I am in the process of purchasing the Pinnacle Pro-1 RTDV editing system.
I have a couple of projects in the planning stage, which will deal with the history of railways in Ontario.
I look forward to chatting with some of you.

Dale C. Elliott

Dylan Couper October 14th, 2002 12:21 PM

Hi, I'm originaly from the Niagara region. I knew someone that lived in Brockville, but I can't remember his name. Dark hair, medium height, do you know him? :)

Rob Lohman October 16th, 2002 12:32 PM

Welcome aboard Dale! Good to have you with us. You've got
yourself a sweet camera there! Probably waiting for it is killing
you? :) heh... Anyways, see you around!

Phil French October 20th, 2002 12:49 AM

I know you're going to enjoy your new XL1s and being able to work on what you want - when you want. Welcome aboard!

Dale C. Elliott October 21st, 2002 07:59 AM

Thanks for the warm welcome. I just received my XL1s on Friday, and spent the weekend using it. Wow, what a nice machine.

Dale

Rob Lohman October 21st, 2002 11:23 AM

I can imagine Dale! I can remember that a couple of years back
(when I wasn't into video/movie production at all) I saw the XL1
in an ad or something and thought.... WOW. That looks amazing.
I then thought wouldn't it be great to have such a piece of
equipment. Now I own one. I bought mine almost a year ago
on a evening in December and I was completely not on this
planet for a week or something. Couldn't help but stare at it. Heh.

Good luck with yours!

stankern October 23rd, 2002 02:00 AM

hi from western ontario

I'm in Kincardine ontario and i also just got my XL1S last week and enjoying ,in fact made my first VCD just the other day.
My previous camera was the AE1 digital ,things have changed much

Bryan Beasleigh November 12th, 2002 09:20 PM

Kincardine! we're almost neighbours. I live in Barrie. I think your 2 hours west.

John Locke November 12th, 2002 09:25 PM

Welcome, Dale!

My grandfather was an engineer on the Santa Fe for 40 years...and so I've had this fascination for trains and the railroad lifestyle my entire life. Please keep us posted. I'd love to see your footage when it's ready.

See you on the boards.

Patrick Mollins January 9th, 2003 07:06 AM

Just So I can introduce myself, I thought I'd reply to this message. I am in Ottawa. I expected to see a few more Eastern Ontarion posts here.

Patrick

Dylan Couper January 9th, 2003 09:38 AM

<<<-- Originally posted by Patrick Mollins : Just So I can introduce myself, I thought I'd reply to this message. I am in Ottawa. I expected to see a few more Eastern Ontarion posts here.

Patrick -->>>

Sure!
You can start your own introduction thread. You don't have to post in this one. Most people start a new thread. That why you don't see a lot of Ontario posts in this one alone.

Dale C. Elliott January 9th, 2003 05:00 PM

Welcome aboard Patrick, like Dylan said you can start your own. I had started this one when I first signed up.

I am from Brockville, I have not heard from too many from this neck of the woods.

Dale

Frank Goertzen April 19th, 2003 06:57 PM

London Area (ont-canada)

Frank Goertzen=)
Music Videos/Commercials=>Short=>Feature
(Keeping things simple)

Dale C. Elliott April 20th, 2003 05:01 AM

Welcome aboard Frank. You can find a lot of info. on this forum.

I am from Brockville ON just south of Ottawa along the St. Lawrence River.

Frank Goertzen April 20th, 2003 08:36 AM

Great so I see there are some locals(sorta) where did you get your XL1S?