Hello all: A Justin Sammarco update to share with you fine folk at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old May 19th, 2005, 07:47 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Hello all: A Justin Sammarco update to share with you fine folk

hello guys and gals of the industry :)

I just wanted to stop in and say hello and give you all an update on whats been going on with my filmmaking life/career.

I have been working extensively on a feature length epic film titled "Nicholas of Myra" www.nicholasofmyra-movie.com

We have been in the heart of pre-production for the last 7 months since I've been on board. We are slowly wrapping up our auditions and finalizing our locations. Myself and Anthony Vescio(another member of this board and part of Filmboy Pictures) have been working together along with the executive producer and director in selecting nearly 150 children ranging in age from 3-15. Auditioning for children is a very very difficult task hahaa...to say the least.

Its been a great ride and we are very anxious to get into our shooting. Our shooting schedule is a hair bit over 150 days straight, with weekends off of course :) We do have our work cut out for us, but its nothing we can't handle.

We are going to be shooting HD, trying out the new sony. If any of you have any experience with it, i'd love to hear what you think of it.

but thats about all really...just wanted to keep you all up to date as far as that goes.

Hope you all are doing well...

~justin
Justin Sammarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2005, 11:15 AM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Are you guys aiming for a holiday release with that story, Justin? What an ambitious undertaking -- the best of luck with that and please keep us advised of your progress,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2005, 11:29 AM   #3
Capt. Quirk

Didn't W.C. Fields once say something about never working with kids or dogs?

I wish you the best with your film, and look forward to hearing the insider details after it's done.
Old May 22nd, 2005, 04:32 PM   #4
Tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Forman
Didn't W.C. Fields once say something about never working with kids or dogs?

I wish you the best with your film, and look forward to hearing the insider details after it's done.

Yeah, we are breaking the three no-no's. Kids, dogs, and water are all involved. And i hate dogs, scared of kids, and cant swim. hooray for me!
"The words "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang," which I saw on an Italian movie poster, are perhaps the briefest statement imaginable of the basic appeal of movies. This appeal is what attracts us, and ultimately what makes us despair when we begin to understand how seldom movies are more than this."
Pauline Kael
Anthony Vescio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2005, 04:37 PM   #5
Capt. Quirk

Does this mean the reindeer have been easy to work with? I noticed they were left off the list ;)
Old May 24th, 2005, 06:12 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hurd
Are you guys aiming for a holiday release with that story, Justin? What an ambitious undertaking -- the best of luck with that and please keep us advised of your progress,
yes we are planning a holiday release. Providing we get distribution. I'm confident that we will get picked up, but the question is...where will we go?

I'll keep you all informed. I'm going to be keeping a blog on our site www.filmboypictures.com for all those that are interested in keeping track of our progress...

:)

Justin
Justin Sammarco is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood