Hi from Louisiana at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old October 1st, 2009, 04:15 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Hi from Louisiana

Hi Everyone,

I've been lurking here for a few months, and figured it would be good to introduce myself. My wife and I have a photography & video business on the Northshore of Lake Ponchartrain near New Orleans. She does most of the video work, and I help her with it when I'm not doing the photography. We mostly do weddings, and a few other events like Mardi Gras parties, etc.

I'm lurking here mostly to gather info for the inevitable transition to HD. We've been using Sony VX-2100 cams for the last few years, but just picked up a new Panasonic HMC-40 just to get our feet wet. It's a fun little camera, and we are still learning how to use it. My life loves the look of Panasonics, she has an AVG-60, but the Sony's are better in low light. So far, the HMC-40 looks good, except in really low light. We may have to get some HMC-150's to actually replace the Sonys, from what I'm seeing. We love the idea of switching away from tapes. Being a photographer, I'm really used to dealing with memory cards.

For editing, we've been using Vegas 7, will probably upgrade to Vegas 9 when we do go all widescreen & HD (probably just widescreen to start). Right now, we've been transcoding the HMC-40 files down to DV to work with the Sony footage. Thanks to DVinfo.net members for the info on doing that :)

Robert
Robert Welch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2009, 08:27 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Hey Rob. Nice to see some people from the boot on here. There are others like myself, Ethan, and Chad in your area that post here. This is a great place to gather information. Don't be a stranger and don't be afraid to ask anything. Well almost anything lol.
Shaun Conner is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood