Hello forum at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old November 6th, 2009, 08:19 AM   #1
New Boot

Hello forum

Hello all. I am Jon from Deer Park, New York and I am about as novice as you can get. Hoping that this forum can help me move along and learn about videography. I have many questions and I will try my best to search the forum before asking, but I think we all know that sometimes the info is a bit difficult to find on a forum with this many people and so many threads and posts.

I tend to drift from hobby to hobby, and always am searching for the hobby that will turn into my next career. I spent 6 years on my last hobby, which was learning to play guitar. I started at 36 years old at that and am pretty happy with the progress I made, but clearly, making a living in music is a tough path. I think videography offers a lot more in the way of career opps than music.

I've been an electrical engineer, a software engineer, and am now a project manager, and I have to say, none of those paths have made me jump for joy when I got up in the morning to go to work.

So hopefully, I can learn a lot from all of you, and hopefully my background can be of some help to you all in return, until I reach the point that my input on the forum subjects is of value.
Jon Fisk is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood