Hello from Detroit at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old January 17th, 2010, 12:42 AM   #1
Tourist

Hello from Detroit

Hi everyone, my name is Erwin Peil. I work in the Detroit area and my goal is to become a professional editor.

I graduated from film school last May and have since been working at a restaurant while building my editing rig, buying software, and getting familiar with said software. I use Avid Media Composer for editing and After Effects for graphics. In addition, I'm slowly learning Lightwave 3D while texturing in Photoshop. Film school was a lot of work. I wore many hats, but toward the end I spent most of my time around the camera as an AC or operator.

I'm a tech geek. While in high school I worked as a field and office IT. I build my own PCs and If my 3D skills ever get off the ground, I'm sure I'll end up building my own rendering farm as well. Beyond that, I've worked as lead designer and sound engineer on a few video games, and even created the original soundtrack for an X-Box game.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to learning a thing or two from those of you with some experience under your belt, while improving my own talents and maybe even collaborating with some locals. If you're also in the Detroit area, don't be a stranger.

Cheers,
Erwin
Erwin Peil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2010, 02:08 AM   #2
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erwin Peil View Post
...I've worked as lead designer and sound engineer on a few video games, and even created the original soundtrack for an X-Box game.
Wow, Erwin--that's really great! :)

Welcome to DV Info. I hope you find some folks in your area for collaborating. Sounds like fun!
Old January 22nd, 2010, 02:48 AM   #3
Major Player

Dude, you are going to go far. Can you check out this video and give me some pointers for color correction and graphics? Any advice is welcome. . Thanks, BT

Kamaaina Surf & Sport By Bill Thesken On ExposureRoom
Bill Thesken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2010, 03:28 PM   #4
New Boot

Hey Erwin.

Figured I would let you know that I am in Detroit as well. I'm trying to get something started making music videos, so there may be a chance that we could work together in the not so distant future.

Best wishes.

Brendan South
Brendan South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2015, 03:26 PM   #5
Tourist

Re: Hello from Detroit

Hello, I am new here too! I am not sure if I posted before because when I tried posting it said I was in the moderation queue. Anyway, I look forward to learning all there is to know about digital video. I am glad I joined this knowledgeable community.
Susy Olberson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood