Howdy from a Hungarian in Calgary, AB, Canada! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old January 29th, 2010, 09:03 PM   #1
Tourist

Howdy from a Hungarian in Calgary, AB, Canada!

Hello all!

Yeay! I'm glad I found this website/forum; looks like a wonderful place to get info and help with all sorts of video goodness!

So... my name is Imre Z. Balint and I was born in Hungary, but since I was a wee kiddo at only a year old, I've lived pretty much all my life here in Calgary.

I have far too many hobbies for my own good, but that certainly hasn't held me back from anything. In particular I've been a fairly avid still photographer for the past 10 years or so, and have only recently ventured into creating videos. This was spurred by the Casio EX-F1, which if you don't already know can do HD video (720p and 1080i) and the kicker for me which are the high speed video modes (300, 600, and 1200 frames per second, although at a reduced resolution).

About two weeks ago I got an Olympus E-P2 as I'd like to get into more creative works, and this little (quite literally) camera allows many manual settings when shooting video. And I get to use all of my lenses from my still cameras! So now I can shoot with a smaller depth-of-field, my fisheye or very wide angle lenses, to super-telephoto stuff... well I'm sure most of you already know how cool that can be!

For now, I do quite a lot of YouTubing. I have a photography series I've been doing for the past three months, but I plan to do animated shorts, as well as my ultimate goal, live action short films. In case you'd like to see my videos, lots of high speed stuff on there too from the Casio, here's the link to my channel: YouTube - binarygraphite's Channel

Otherwise, I currently work as a Web application developer, hold three degrees (BSc in Computer Information Systems, Master of Project Management and an MBA with a cool 4.00 GPA), do quite a bit of blogging, love music and recently released an album, also play guitar and banjo a bit, and ... lots of other things. My signature below has a link to my Google profile, which has links to all of my other sites.

Very nice to meet you all!

Imre.
Old February 19th, 2010, 10:02 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Welcome to the forum - it's a great place to learn, exchange ideas and it sounds like you might bring some things you can teach as well...
Old July 4th, 2010, 10:38 PM   #3
New Boot

Very Awesome! We need to get all the Calgarian together and say hello one day if your all still around!
Jay Fensom is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood